Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Nitroelectrics Green/Black Rally Build

Hi everyone. Finally bought a rally roller and am going to soon begin to get this build on 4 wheels (literally). I'm still waiting for the roller to be shipped to my house along with the body. When I receive it, I'll be going to be buying all the parts. Here's what it'll consist of:
    -Roller
    -Green Body (the best color by the way)
    -Castle MMP 2400 motor/esc
    -Proline split six rims
    -Proline bowtie tires
    -Carbon fiber beadlocks
    -rpm a-arms
    -rpm shock towers
    -rpm rear bearing carriers
    -chassis brace (hopefully)
    -T-Bone racing front & rear bumpers/skids
    -Might dye the chassis as well

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Welcome to this neck of the woods! Nice list of upgrades there. You are going to be impressed with this for sure. Are you thinking about the Axis Chassis/Body brace or a modified version?

Anyways can't wait to see pics of this build going on. It's going to be a sweet one! BTW Orange is the fastest!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Don't worry Nitro, Digger is blind to what color really is better. GREEN! Welcome to the world of Rally.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Lol. Well the roller came much quicker than expected .
    It's a good start...The body should be coming soon as well. It shipped out 2 days ago. I'll be ordering more parts on Saturday.

Oh and Digger, yeah I was thinking of putting on the axis brace. Looks great
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 02-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Purchased this. Thinking it'll look real nice.

RC poster
    Thanks Guys for going back and forth on this whole Green v Orange thing. I couldnt decide so I got both
    WHY HAVE 1 WHEN YOU CAN HAVE 2 FOR TWICE THE PRICE

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkCityRally View Post
    Thanks Guys for going back and forth on this whole Green v Orange thing. I couldnt decide so I got both
    did you buy the whole rally RTR (2x) or just the bodies?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    Bought two complete Rally's-Orange and Green-for myself and my sons. Well actually Santa brought them
    Boy does he have good taste.
    WHY HAVE 1 WHEN YOU CAN HAVE 2 FOR TWICE THE PRICE

RC Qualifier
    Lol he does indeed

RC Qualifier
    The body and bumpers should be here by Monday or Tuesday. Ill be getting the other parts from my lhs some time next week. This storm is hitting CT pretty hard too. Already have like 5-6 inches and not even in the storm yet. O.o.
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 02-08-2013 at 05:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ordered strc hubs and rear bearing carriers. As well as some Ofna 16mm shocks 8D.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Purchased this. Thinking it'll look real nice.

I really dig the center driveshaft. I went back to their website hoping they would have an orange one. Nope
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I really dig the center driveshaft. I went back to their website hoping they would have an orange one. Nope
    They don't make orange part's cause they tend to make the orange car's slower than they already are. I thought you knew this Digger, green is the fastest and orange, well is not! LOL...
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Poor red and blue. They have no say in any of these debates. Hahaha

RC Qualifier
    All parts ordered.
    -MMP 2400
    -Venom 3s 5400 mah
    -rpm a-arms
    -rpm shock towers
    -traxxas servo waterproof
    -charger
    -extended battery tray

RC Qualifier
    Oh and Digger sorry they have no orange . They only have red, blue, silver, grey, and green I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Oh and Digger sorry they have no orange . They only have red, blue, silver, grey, and green I believe.
    well that sucks, you would think they have all the colors available but they have to cut the orange?....oohh no!!

RC Qualifier
    Body came. And my oh my is green sexy! No offense orange, that's an amazing color too .

Still don't have wheels but ordered them from my LHS so they should be mounted by next week

RC Qualifier
    Here it is

Colors aside. That sure looks clean man. The center driveshaft really stands out. Way jealous over here.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Colors aside. That sure looks clean man. The center driveshaft really stands out. Way jealous over here.
    i agree lol. any chance of dyeing the chassis? i wonder if STRC bought a bunch of traxxas center drive and color it themself then stamp their brand, just a thought lol.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Digger. Will look much better when the chassis is dyed. I just haven't gotten to the store yet to pick up some.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i agree lol. any chance of dyeing the chassis? i wonder if STRC bought a bunch of traxxas center drive and color it themself then stamp their brand, just a thought lol.
    Oh lol didn't see your post. Yes I'm going to dye the chassis. The driveshaft has a different feel to it than the traxxas one. The traxxas is smooth while the strc one has more of a rough surface. Other than that though, it's completely identical.

RC Qualifier
    Got the 16mm 1/8 buggy shocks on it

Now those are beefy. What kind? Don't look like much suspensioin travel there.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Thy are Ofna LX2 shocks. There isn't too much travel but enough to bash around with

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone front and rear bumpers have come in and are installed!
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 02-14-2013 at 08:37 PM.

RC Qualifier
    What's your opinion of the tbr bumpers so far? Do you feel they will better protect then the stock setup? It's hard to tell if the body sticks out past the bumper what's the point? Just looking for some first impression info cause I was thinking of purchasing a air. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    What's your opinion of the tbr bumpers so far? Do you feel they will better protect then the stock setup? It's hard to tell if the body sticks out past the bumper what's the point? Just looking for some first impression info cause I was thinking of purchasing a air. Thanks
    They are great. The body does not stick out past the bumper neither in the front nor the rear. You just need to adjust the body mount in the rear for the body to fit. No big deal. The bumpers stick out past the body giving it a really cool look while protecting a lot. The front will protect the foam from getting charred up by rocks and jumps and the rear will protect it if you end up cartwheeling. The rear seems important because there isn't much back there to protect it. I don't know how they'll work when I'm running the rally but I won't know that until like Monday. But so far A+ rating on them. Highly recommended

I've been using them since they came out. They have done an excellent job so far. Totally helped on impacts. It also adds a little flare to the styling. The good thing about them they are tough and I have yet to break one on my other RC's. Plus they have a lifetime warranty that can't be beat.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I totally agree. The styling adds a lot o flare to the rally. Looks reallyyy nice. I am excited to see how they hold up bashing...But from what you've said I'm glad I purchased them

RC Qualifier
    Just ordered a set of front and rear t bones. Thanks for the input fellas

RC Qualifier
    No problem. I picked up the Mamba Max Pro system and am going to install it now

RC Qualifier
    Just found out when I got home tht I have no pinion.....I have it working though. I also am still waiting for the wheels to be delivered to my LHS. I center the servo and get everything programmed tonight

Also going to extend the front shocks because the travel is at a point where if it had wheels, no matter how hard you push down, it probably wouldn't even hit the ground lol.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    What's th kv on the motor? I'm still trying to figure out the best esc motor combo to put in mine. Iv got the 2400kv in my slash 4x4. You should use the snappy Rc esc mount. I think it will work in the lcg. I love the one in my sash but my slash is not the lcg.

RC Champion
    Looks to be the 2400kv or the 3800kv 4pole. I think those are the two options for the MMP SCT
    Everything overpowered...

RC Qualifier
    It's the 2400 SCT

RC Qualifier
    What's th kv on the motor? I'm still trying to figure out the best esc motor combo to put in mine. Iv got the 2400kv in my slash 4x4. You should use the snappy Rc esc mount. I think it will work in the lcg. I love the one in my sash but my slash is not the lcg.
    They now make a mount for for the lcg slash and rally . I'll buy that for sure

RC Qualifier
    Got the dye for the chassis today