Thread: Wheel hop

RC Enthusiast

Wheel hop

Alright guys, I need some help. The weather finally cooperated enough to take my new ultimate out for a run. I immediatly noticed I was getting a strange wheel hop on the right rear tire. It almost seemed like a flat on a real cars tire. I looked at the car and couldn't find anything obvious. It also seemed like the rear wheels were very toed in. The hop was most noticable at slow speeds but could also be seen and heard at medium throttle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like the tire is off balanced. This can happen for a number of reasons, but must likely water got in there.

RC Enthusiast
    I dont think its water. It hasnt gotten wet yet. It went from the box to the work bench to the asphalt.

RC Qualifier
    Rotate the tires around to isolate if issue is tire or something on the truck.

If tire, check shape of tire (not oval or something silly like that). Could also be badly out of balance and need some balancing.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Racer
    they get flat spots from being in the box it will be ok after a few runs a little heat