RC Qualifier

Best Working Mat?

So right now I have a piece of cardboard I put over my desk and I would like to get a good rubber mat. The dimensions have to be around 24" by 16" and pretty sturdy rubber. I already looked at JEGS Rubber mat which looks amazing, and it is only $10, but shipping to Canada costs $40!!!! I'm not willing to pay that much. What does everyone else use? I just need something better than cardboard but not overly-large. JEGS REDUCE YOUR SHIPPING PRICES!!! I'd order 2 but shipping, So what can I find for around $10-$20 for the mat with cheap shipping to Canada?

RC Qualifier
    I just use non skid drawer liner for a roll around tool box couple pieces of velcro in the corners to keep it in place...cheap if it gets dirty unroll cut a new piece. local hardware has that no shipping required
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Racer
    Although its out of your price range, I use a mad cow mat. Its magnetic also.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
    Although its out of your price range, I use a mad cow mat. Its magnetic also.
    same its the best mat ever! I got the biggest one
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Champion
    I use a art cutting mat that I bought at the Toledo RC show. How about this?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXL451&P=ML
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    The only problem with the cow rc mat is that shipping is also $30. Then I'd just rather buy the JEGS, but is there anywhere locally I could buy these? I'll check my local hardware store for something similar the next time I go.
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

RC Racer
    I use a bath towel, i have plenty of those and they dont cost anything. If i drop a screw it lands softly on the towel, doesnt bounce anywhere...

RC Champion
    Curry's is a big name art store around Toronto. Not sure where you live, but if you can't go pick one up I'm sure shipping within CA will be a lot cheaper.

https://www.currys.com/locations.htm

https://www.currys.com/catalogpc.htm...&Source=Search
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    I think I'll take a look around home depot, canadian tire, and walmart and see what I can find. Thanks for all the help guys!

RC Qualifier
    I ended up getting a rubber mat from Canadian tire that was only $10! The price was $25 but the tag was in the wrong spot so it was a steal! You can see it here:

I don't know if it'll show the photo directly because I'm new to photobucket, but if it doesn't click on this:

http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/us...7f690.jpg.html

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    now that i think about this thread, i could have pick up that big rig mud guard at the side of the road, they are hard rubber right? that would have been a perfect mat for my foldable table LOL.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    I use a bath towel, i have plenty of those and they dont cost anything. If i drop a screw it lands softly on the towel, doesnt bounce anywhere...
    Yep, an old bath towel works for me too.

RC Champion
    I use a desk protector from Staples.. its hard plastic, but you can cut on it, spill on it or even pound a hammer on it. Wipes clean and lasts for years. I have a full length rubber mat 3x6 feet covering the whole work bench for the soft cushion feel and the plastic desk protector on top of that. Its 28 x 36 inches wide so plenty of room to work on.. here is an old picture. The green flooring foam has been replaced with a HD rubber mat and the workbench isn't usually that cluttered.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Champion
    i work on my floor like the monks of Tibet

depending on what i do i have a CowRC magnetic mat that i love as well as a self healing cutting mat like zippogeek posted.

best ive seen at the track was a yoga mat, its perfect. lays flat, soft, and catches screws easily and rolls up nicely.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Racer
    On the floor? My back would be killing me. Lol. I picked up an old poker table at a yard sale for 25 bucks. Its nice and has places to hold chips and whatnot. Great for keeping stuff where you put it,and at 25 bucks I don't worry bout marking it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2