Thread: Rc Snowmobile

RC poster

Rc Snowmobile

Who else thinks that traxxas should make a rc snowmobile? It would be totally sick to see a 1/8th or 1/10th nitro and electric versions. There's no major companies making an rc snowmobiles right now so traxxas would have the market to themself.

RC Champion
    Yep they would be the only place to get an rc snowmobile.
    Being the only place to get one = LOTS of money for traxxas
    I would also love one.
    The only hard part would be the track. It would have to be made of a soft yet extremely strong and flexible rubber.
    Everything else would be easy.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Competitor
    There is companies that make them, but they are not good names like traxxas. They are junky radio shack ones lol

RC Champion
    Theres a company called artattack that makes them. But they look pretty junky.

RC poster
    I believe artattack is a kit you use to make a certain toy grade rc snowmobile into a hobby grade. But it uses the toy snow track so it burns out. Or so I've heard. As for the track I would be using mine outside in the winter on my hobby shops 1/10th track when it is covered with snow

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rugby136 View Post
    I believe artattack is a kit you use to make a certain toy grade rc snowmobile into a hobby grade. But it uses the toy snow track so it burns out. Or so I've heard. As for the track I would be using mine outside in the winter on my hobby shops 1/10th track when it is covered with snow
    No artattack actually makes a snowmobile kit. It comes with the track and everything you need except the engine and electronics.
    A traxxas one would be so much better. I think they could make them so you could run them in the summer also. Just put some little wheels on the skis and there you go...perfect for running in sand or grass.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rugby136 View Post
    Who else thinks that traxxas should make a rc snowmobile? It would be totally sick to see a 1/8th or 1/10th nitro and electric versions. There's no major companies making an rc snowmobiles right now so traxxas would have the market to themself.
    ^^^This guy should work for traxxas' research and development team!...great idea man.

RC Champion
    i wonder what the size of track assembly will be used. i could use 4 track assemblies for my 1/10 summit if there within reason/ length. oops i am thinking ahead there. lol
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC poster
    There is a guy that hand build some really wicked rc sleds. Very expensive and worth every penny !

http://www.rcsnowmobiles.com/

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
    There is a guy that hand build some really wicked rc sleds. Very expensive and worth every penny !

http://www.rcsnowmobiles.com/
    Yeah. Traxxsa could just take his designs and simplify them some, maybe change some parts to plastic to reduce production costs, and bam. Perfect traxxas sled.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gtjohnson96 View Post
    ^^^This guy should work for traxxas' research and development team!...great idea man.
    Haha I wish. That would be my dream job )

RC Qualifier
    My buddy used the skis from one of those hobby grade snowmobiles on his p2de. Goes pretty good actually! The hobby grade had 12mm hexes! Worked perfect.

RC Champion
    They really should make one. If it was resonably priced i would buy one for sure. It would be a blast
    stampede/sidewinder 5700 axial ax10 3905 e-maxx

RC Champion
    Yeah if it was in the $200-$400 range it would be a huge hit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Yeah if it was in the $200-$400 range it would be a huge hit
    I'd buy one or two just to pass the winter months here... Would like to see a brushless model for sure.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Already a discussion going on in the Lounge. No need for another.
    The Super Derecho