RC Racer

Question Good trade or bad trade?

today i traded my slash 4x4 slash 2x4 vxls and pieces of a stampede for a new summit with box directions and all the stuff. so did i do good or no? o the summit was run one time and put away and it works fine perfect condition.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    What generation of Summit?

Sounds like an OK deal to me...
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Around me you prob could have sold that stuff on craigslist and then bought a summit and some lipos. Overall i would say its an ok trade. Afterall. You got a summit. The king of monster trucks that rules all

RC Racer
    well i kept the lipos and the charger only paid 82 bucks for the 4x4 and around 100 for the 2x4. also how do i tell what generation summit i have? neutron?

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasdeathwish View Post
    also how do i tell what generation summit i have? neutron?
    What body graphix ( plain or multi colored), what radio system( am, 2.4ghz, 2.4 ghz high output, 2.4 ghz antenna-less) and what esc( lipo ready with lvd or nimh compatible)
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    You mean traded with a new Summit? Or the Summit is new to you?! : (
    Anyways if you see on the ESC like this it is a second Gen. With Lipo cut-off
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Racer
    its a clean body no crazy graphics on it. looks just like the one in the picture here. and he said it was ran one time. came with box reciever with big antenna and all paper work still sealed but.... it has the new controller on the box and the one i got is the older one big like i said big antenna. hooked it up today and took it for a spin around the living room. its great everything works fine. it jolts a little. sometimes and likes to go in reverse and forward for a split second. i adjusted the controller but. it dont seem to be a problem. waiting for my lipo alarms to get here. ill post pics soon. thanks for the help. O AND I WILL BE MOUTING MY NIKON AW100 TO IT THIS WEEK FOR 1080P AND MAYBE A LITTLE 33 FEET UNDER WATER!!! LOL

RC Qualifier
    You got the 1st Gen. Summit, with the old antenna, what kind of controller it have? surely it was from a project or something taken for parts, are those plastic undercarriage had no scratches?

Yes with the big silver (am) antennae thats an original model. But the good thing is there were never any serious changes in the entire life time of the summit. Yes its been updated with 2.4ghz and lipo readiness but basically EVERYTHING else is still the same. If you really want to keep up ith the Joneses than a 2.4ghz radio can be had for $55 and almost everyone switches out the esc and motor for brushless anyway.

Go have fun.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    IMHO since you have a 2.4ghz transmitter, track down the antenna going in the receiver box, then cut the antenna tube down to 2inches. To have that neat body looking sumho.

RC Racer
    this guy bought out a hobby shop and i went to his place to pick up the summit he must have had 5 more in almost perfect condition. and 80-90 more cars and parts also sold me a small brand new lipo for 15 bucks 3s!!!! no scratches at all on the summit. maybe 3 screws on the car are rusty one on the body one near the antenna but seems perfect also the esc it the one that doesnt have low voltage detection. but it seems like a bad a truck! U CAN MOVE FURNITURE WITH THIS THING!!!

RC Qualifier
    stop worrying and enjoy the summit - you'll have fun with this go anywhere truck!

RC Qualifier
    If I'm reading this right, you're basically in this Summit for $182. I would say you didn't get hurt.

At this point in my life I'm long 6 trucks........and 4 of them are getting dusty sitting on the shelf. I would much rather have one truck that I love than a handful that I dont use. I would sell my erbe in a heartbeat if I knew I wouldnt take a loss on it like I know I will.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Racer
    yeah ill have fun tomar! and i think of the trade as a rc investment at this point i concolidated my work space and my problems into 1

RC Qualifier
    LHS wants $670 after tax, not bad considering you just got the best RC monster truck out there...
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Racer
    just checked i have a 27. booooo i need a new controller so i can get on that 24.

RC Qualifier
    What is the Traxxas part number for the TX/RX

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...rds=scoring:tp

There's gotta be a better deal.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless