RC Competitor

Did traxxas discontinue the slayer with tqi?

so i have a jato 3.3 and plan on getting a slayer pro (assuming i can talk the fiance into it) i do most of my ordering at tower hobbies online they had the slayer with the tqi for about 430 but discontinued it and offer the slayer pro with tq for 460 does anyone have a clue why? obviously this isnt cool more money for less radio? either way im getting one but any insight on my dilema would be great.
    Last edited by dustyfingerz; 02-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Ya, I guess your right. Even Traxxas.com says it comes with the TQ. That sucks. Here's the proof. PROOF
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

have you looked over at amainhobbies, rcplanet, stormerhobbies to see if they still have the slayer with TQi? go nitrohobbies sometimes has stuff when they discontinue items.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    I just got my slayer from tower a couple weeks ago and it's a TQI. It was $445, I don't know why the TQ would be $20 more or why they are discontinued.

RC Competitor
    Yeah that's sad some places (amain) still has em with tqi I talked to tower twice they say traxxas stopped sellin them to tower atleast w/o tqi but they don't know why I also posted in the radio section of this forum and they say the new tq will look like tqi ias they're upgrading
    Last edited by dustyfingerz; 02-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry my ignorance........ Whats the difference(tqi-tq)????

RC Competitor
    Ahh ok jimmy I just got offa the phone with traxxas apparently in a nut shell the new tq is the same as the old tqi the reason they did this was because tqi had too many buttons people kept messing with eventually causing them heartache so u can send new tq in to upgrade for 100 to get docking base etc.....I took this from my post in radio section of forum @monster