RC poster

ON and OFF switch issues...

The on and off switch, for my reciever on the Slayer, has been acting up on me. I have had the truck for about 3 weeks and ran about 3 1/2 gallons of gas through it already. The switch gets a fair bit of use. Has anyone else had an issue with this? If its not normal then I will just replace it with a new Traxxas switch, but if this is going to be a reoccuring problem then I would like to figure out something different to set-up.

Thanks for any help.

RC Enthusiast
    I hear u basher, my pro is 3 months old and the switch been giving me issues since day one.It wants to turn on when it feels like it, i just learned how to live with it, it got worse with me as time went by,when dirt started getting in there. Ill just replace it when it gives up completely, easy and cheap to change....

Slayer-pro

RC Enthusiast
    You might also take a closer look at your battery pack/holder in the truck. I found on one of ours that it wasn't the switch, it was that the battery holder (cheap thin plastic) was torn on one end which made for less than ideal pole contact. Duct tape for the win!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Basher View Post
    if this is going to be a reoccuring problem then I would like to figure out something different to set-up.
    Can't he just cut the wires off near the switch and solder the ends together? This way, it's always ON when the battery is plugged in. I've done this with receivers and speed controllers before and have never had a problem.

Then again, when you drop a few hundy on a truck, it's understandable if you don't want to do this...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    Can't he just cut the wires off near the switch and solder the ends together? This way, it's always ON when the battery is plugged in. I've done this with receivers and speed controllers before and have never had a problem.

Then again, when you drop a few hundy on a truck, it's understandable if you don't want to do this...
    I have an extra reciever switch, its a sealed unit. Im thinking about seeing if I can make that work. I will post if I come up with something, the switch housing is larger then the factory Slayer Pro housing, some slight modifcation necassary.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Basher View Post
    I have an extra reciever switch, its a sealed unit. Im thinking about seeing if I can make that work. I will post if I come up with something, the switch housing is larger then the factory Slayer Pro housing, some slight modifcation necassary.
    Good luck.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post

Easier way is to just unplug the battery from the switch and plug it directly into the receiver. No soldering necessary. The factory switch is around $5 so with the time to modify and get it to work you may save money and time getting a new one.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    From my experience with the slayer i thought my switch was messed up, but in fact as dirtrich explained it might just be your Battery pack they tend to give problems some times. that was my problem.