RC Competitor

Spur Gear Replacement... How To?

Hi All,

Is there an easy way for me to replace my spur gear on the Slayer Pro without having to pull the transmission out of the car? It looks like major Brain Surgery in order to do it.

I have removed the three little screws from the spur, but obviously the motor is hard up against it and there is no room for me to remove and replace... any ideas?

Cheers
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Hello, i replaced my spur twice.... The first time,i removed the 4 engine screws, the ones that u can get from the top of the truck right below the engine head,that way u dont mess up ur mesh. The second time, i removed the tranny, i like it better,because when u tight'n the spur back to the tranny... At the time of deciding how tight u want ur slipper, u have a firm grip on that spur at the time of tight'n it.Cause when u do it the other way (engine removed) u can not get that firm grip on that spur when ur turning it, and u might leave it too loose or too tight, and thats when u start braking, loosing slipper pads, braking the drivetrain etc.... Tell me about it!!!

RC Competitor
    So when you remove the tranny all you did was unscrew the 4 screws from the bottom of truck to loosen off?

What screws do you loosen to adjust mesh?
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Yes the skid plates screws, 2 yoke screws,one driveshaft chrome pin E clip and last but not least ur brake linkage, thats on top.

RC Enthusiast
    To adjust the engine mesh theres two screws that are horizontal, one is right in front of the rear driver side tire, and the other one is underneath the truck about an inch away from the other. You wont miss them they are the only screws that tightn the engine mount that are horizontal

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys,I think I've finally got it set correctly...
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

It's been a while since I've changed my spur but you should be able to loosen the adjustment screws, lower the engine, remove the three screws from the spur, remove the spur from the slipper and replace it.
    The Super Derecho