Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: 2wd slash help

  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11

    2wd slash help

    my new 2wd slash is sounding werid when in reverse the motor is sounding like something is brushing up against it for a split second and then stops and it always does it when the wheels are at a certain point. also my wheels are wobbling around but all the nuts are tight

    2 full packs ran

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,216
    How new? xl-5 titan?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    Ever ran in water?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11
    yea its a titan 12t and i have ran it in the snow a lot

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    I think your bearing might be bad

    Like a squeling noise? My 12t used to do that
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11
    id do run in the snow a lot and i just went over and ran the motor a little bit and a grinding sound happened for the first second

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11
    kind of it took off the bearing carriers and it looked fine

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    Where does the sound sound like its coming from?

    Maybe you just need to shim the rear carriers?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,216
    They don't have bearings,they have bushings,Pull the motor, blow out the motor and bushings with pressurized air,if available,Spray out with motor cleaner,oil bushings replace.
    Make sure there is nothing in the drive train.i,e something small between the axle an c arm.
    Did you break the motor in,as to be sure there is not a small piece of broken brush stuck in the commutator and making a slight noise shifting from forward to reverse.
    Tires wobbling make sure they are properly fit in the hex,and make sure the hex pin it well set and not stripping.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Where does the sound sound like its coming from?

    Maybe you just need to shim the rear carriers?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    They don't have bearings,they have bushings,Pull the motor, blow out the motor and bushings with pressurized air,if available,Spray out with motor cleaner,oil bushings replace.
    Make sure there is nothing in the drive train.i,e something small between the axle an c arm.
    Did you break the motor in,as to be sure there is not a small piece of broken brush stuck in the commutator and making a slight noise shifting from forward to reverse.
    Tires wobbling make sure they are properly fit in the hex,and make sure the hex pin it well set and not stripping.
    Wrong
    My xl5 slash came with bearings from the factory
    (model number 5803)
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,216
    the titan has never come with bearings.That's one of the main reasons they don't last.
    Of course the truck does,who you think your talking to little buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Wrong
    My xl5 slash came with bearings from the factory
    (model number 5803)
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    I Was talking about the rear carriers

    I've actually had a 12t last 2 years
    Only reason it died was cause my friend put his 3s on it
    I wish I could have stopped him ...
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,216
    That's a good titan,you must have done a lot of good up keep,good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    I Was talking about the rear carriers

    I've actually had a 12t last 2 years
    Only reason it died was cause my friend put his 3s on it
    I wish I could have stopped him ...
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    That's a good titan,you must have done a lot of good up keep,good job.
    It was
    I drove it everywhere
    I could even do wheelies with it!
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,216
    If you still have it,I would take it apart,and see if the brushes are still there.
    I have never tried,but cant see why you couldn't rework it to replace the brushes.

    P,S Did you here hot racing came out with a sealed steel diff for the pro line trans. It's $34 but I have over $120 in parts for another one except the aluminum plate,I can make one my self,and out of 4mm billet.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    Yes I still have it
    But I'm fine
    I don't even need a new motor
    My current 12t still works

    PS is that second part asking me if I've seen it?
    Cause I have
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,216
    Yea no big deal,but I have already beefed up the slipper so i guess I'll get it.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    397
    You know the Titan has a front and rear bearing right? Staring at them right now. But yea blow the motor out clean it and re oil the bearings. If the tires wobbling and the nut is tight it's most likely a bent shaft that the hex is attached to or the bearings in the bearing carrier are on their way out.

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,216
    Than its not a 12 turn titan,unless it's a special order,I was at the lhs yesterday and the titan 12 turn does not have bearing's it has brass bushings,All the titans in bags for sale, have brass bushings.If it has bearings,someone put them in.
    I will be at my lhs in 2.5 hours and take pic;s if you like,or send me a pic of a 12 turn stock titan with bearings.
    And you don't oil bearings if you do they will collect dirt,that's why there sealed.
    Not trying to be rude,perhaps you have one some one altered.
    They also require high speed bearings,so if it is a sealed bearing someone,not traxxas put it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    You know the Titan has a front and rear bearing right? Staring at them right now. But yea blow the motor out clean it and re oil the bearings. If the tires wobbling and the nut is tight it's most likely a bent shaft that the hex is attached to or the bearings in the bearing carrier are on their way out.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •