RC Enthusiast

Need Info on updating old steering setup to new Slash 5807L steering with RPM Skid

Hey Guys, Its been a while. I am looking to upgrade my old style slash steering to the new style Slash 5807L steering as seen here.

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e.../5807Lslashvxl

I just want to confirm that I can still use my RPM front skid plate with the steering kit Pt# 6845 in link below

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXYSP4&P=K

My concern is that the RPM skid doesnt have the built in steering post like the original skid plate had. Am I stuck with the old style steering unless I switch back to the stock front skid plate?

RC Enthusiast
    Bump, Nobody has used a RPM front skid plate on the new 2wd Slash?

Just get the aluminum traxxas bell crank and you will be fine.
    http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Anodiz.../dp/B000XQ2KUY
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Enthusiast
    I realize that and thank you for your time spent to reply.

I had no durability issues to begin with, so I just want to rid my truck of the old style servo mounted saver and update the look of my trusty slash. I want the newer style parts that I linked to in my previous post.

Looking at it closely I think it may work with the RPM push pins and no OEM Traxxas post bolts. I may need 4 5x8x2.5 bearings I have yet to confirm.

I have a pro line bell crank,and had to glue it,because it's worthless,the vxl bell cranks tho not as bad are suffering the same fate.
    Get a quality steel geared servo, and the traxxas aluminum bell crank,and you wont need a servo saver.
    Sorry I cant find a good pick,to show you,but i run two traxxas aluminum bell cranks with no servo savers,and a pro line glued,with no servo saver,and no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by partseeter View Post
    I realize that and thank you for your time spent to reply.

I had no durability issues to begin with, so I just want to rid my truck of the old style servo mounted saver and update the look of my trusty slash. I want the newer style parts that I linked to in my previous post.

Looking at it closely I think it may work with the RPM push pins and no OEM Traxxas post bolts. I may need 4 5x8x2.5 bearings I have yet to confirm.

RC Qualifier
    It will work just fine. The bearings are nice to have.

RC Qualifier
    yeah, that's exactly what i run and it works perfectly
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    Yes, RPM skids will work!! But that bellcrank is trash!! Either stick with the old Tra3743 or grab the STRC aluminum. The Tra3743 is ok but the screw holes wear-out after a while
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash

Thank you,I tried to drive that point home in post #5,I just received my third blue anodized aluminum traxxas bell crank. Same as or equal to STRC,I learned the hard way,try to help others with my bad experience's,but many like to learn the hard way.
    I don't use servo savers,and haven't lost a servo yet,I'm sure it will happen but that's a chance um willing to take.
    For all the races I have won by not using one,when I lose because a servo or servo gears go,and the five minutes it will take to fix,I will continue In my ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 911dott View Post
    Yes, RPM skids will work!! But that bellcrank is trash!! Either stick with the old Tra3743 or grab the STRC aluminum. The Tra3743 is ok but the screw holes wear-out after a while