Thread: Steering ?s

RC Qualifier

Steering ?s

So I know a lot of my hinge pins are bent and I'm waiting for my pro 2 hardened set to come in which should be today or tomorrow and I was wondering when I turn left or right the car keeps going right or left and after every turn I have to straighten out the trim again, is this cause the pins

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    So I know a lot of my hinge pins are bent and I'm waiting for my pro 2 hardened set to come in which should be today or tomorrow and I was wondering when I turn left or right the car keeps going right or left and after every turn I have to straighten out the trim again, is this cause the pins
    Re align your servo Check YouTube, just type "how to re align servo" also check your servo saver might have lost a few teeth.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Qualifier
    Pins will make it do that.

Could be your steering braces popped out of the front skid plate due to a big jump or crash. Look where the steering braces fit into the skid plate at the Bottom - you can see this from the side. If they aren't both seated, the steering will be off.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    alright I'll check all that and see what happens

You did use the o degree mounts on your rpm trans case right?
    And the lifted writing on the mounts was pointing up.
    Sounds like D,J, might be on to something.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    yes I believe the steering is the pins, and I'm checking out my mounts cause the left a-arm on the rear I could wiggle it back and forth but the right side is fine, also the rear left tire when on and bolted I can wiggle that also and the whole left driveshaft moves like it's loose I don't know what this is but I just really want to get my truck running like it did out the box, I'm thinking of just bringing it to my lhs and seeing what parts I need or just to see what's wrong w/ it

Did you shim the bearing rear carriers,and double check the wheel hex and pin for wear.?
    I only ask because,as bigdodge said,pins wont do that,I've had to hammer pins out and straighten them out with a hammer and anvil.
    Or could the one rear bearing carrier have a small crack on the bottom,causing play.
    Probably wouldn't hurt to make sure the inner c arm isn't cracked.
    Its hard when your not there to see exactly whats going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    yes I believe the steering is the pins, and I'm checking out my mounts cause the left a-arm on the rear I could wiggle it back and forth but the right side is fine, also the rear left tire when on and bolted I can wiggle that also and the whole left driveshaft moves like it's loose I don't know what this is but I just really want to get my truck running like it did out the box, I'm thinking of just bringing it to my lhs and seeing what parts I need or just to see what's wrong w/ it
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    yea when I put it back everything how it was I'll look more closely at everything and let you know what happens