RC Champion

well, I guess I have a LCG Stampede now

As most of you may know, I have been waiting since mid October for my LCG chassis for my Rally build. First the LHS order was taking forever, so I called TRAXXAS a month ago and was told...."oh, we have some here, want to order it from me?" YES, I would! So I ordered from Traxxas and that day, it went on back order! LOL!

unfortunately, with the information I got from the parts guy at Traxxas, I cancelled the order at the LHS...... needless to say, its been a long 3.5 months.

I got tired of waiting so I sold the Body and Wheels - SHIPPED THEM MONDAY!

TUESDAY.........

SO, since I have everything else for the chassis, I decided to do this......

I'll be lowering the body a little bit more but hey, now I have a LCG, long wheel base Stampede. I guess its cool - we'll see this weekend

RC Qualifier
    Looks like the body still fits lengthwise. What's your ground clearance with this chassis?

RC Champion
    clearance is the same under the diffs - just doesnt have the 1" higher center chassis clearance

RC Qualifier
    Looks cool!

Looks good man tell us what you think after a good bashing....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Your gonna love it.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Competitor
    Really like that. Keep us posted, please. Great idea.
    Did someone say......MUD!!!

RC Qualifier
    Now u just need to buy an aftermarket body that will fit on the pede. Alot of em are a little longer and wider than a stock pede body, so u can lower it to be level with the sides of yer chassis, cause the lower it looks, the cooler it is, heh.

Many bodies for the emaxx/revo/savage mt's will fit. Some of those 1/8 bodies are too long.

I know for sure that the hpi jeep rubicon is a perfect fit, as well as any body for the 2.5 emaxx and revos... I like to take my truck to the hobby shop and match up the width and wheelbase to the chassis to be sure.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Competitor
    I'm really liking this more and more. Can we get a pic from the side please. I think it would look even better with the low body mount. Which are already on my P4de. Once again great idea.
    Did someone say......MUD!!!

RC Champion
    I'll see what I can do in the pictures realm this evening....Not sure if I'm going to use a different body - I kinda like the way it looks now. Maybe an over tray to cover the gap.......maybe. I think if it was lower, it would be a car - LOL

I have all weekend to play around with things - more to follow!

RC poster
    Redsawacs, did you just take the front and rear suspension from a stock pede and mount them right up to the new chassis? Is it compatible like that? From what I see in pictures I don't think so.
    Last edited by Joeracer55; 02-10-2013 at 12:24 AM.

RC Competitor
    Traxxas has a kit now #7421 to make a lcg

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeracer55 View Post
    Redsawacs, did you just take the front and rear suspension from a stock pede and mount them right up to the new chassis? Is it compatible like that? From what I see in pictures I don't think so.
    along with the chassis, you need to buy the bulkheads. Everything bolts up with the bulkheads, chassis and chassis parts

RC Champion
    Alright, after a month of fighting with myself, I decided to take the LCG chassis off and convert my slash to a LCG slash 4x4. This of course left me with only one way to go on the stampede.....STOCK!

As some of you may already know, I just cant live with myself if anything is stock so......

ALL I DID to this little guy is this...Trenchers on new stock wheels

Axial Exo terra shocks front and back - 10wt oil and stock springs

Sure I lowered the body a little bit and broke in the tie rod ends so they are loose. Asside from that...NOTHING!

Let me tell you - I dont have another vehicle that will suck up terrain and large jumps like that truck! WOW! Yes, I have to do a little tuning on the shocks to reduce wheel lift in turns but it sits low and has tons of travel! Between the shocks and cushy tires, I am not scared to get 10ft of air over 25-30 ft distances!!!

Between all 13 of my RCs, this is NOW my favorite! Stock VXL system and the castle was just a little bit tooo much for me in THIS car, but I get TONS of power and SUPER HAPPY! 2s Lipo or stock, doesnt matter to me! I spent the most time yesterday bashing in the front yard than I have in over a year with any of my other vehicles...Glad I stuck with it.

Here is the funny part - 3 years ago, I looked at the stampede and LAUGHED! Said, "That thing looks silly, topheavy and dumb! I will never own one......EVER!" sigh.....never say never, i guess!

RC Champion
    Today I took the rear diff out and shimmed the case with a piece of electrical tape.....gear noise is GONE! WOW, really?! That was TOOOO easy!

RC Champion
    That LCG setup is itching for a Rustler body.. I might have to do that with mine
    Everything overpowered...