Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    The truck's coming together nicely, man! With the way the rustler and pede bodies stretch over the 2 inch chassis, I'm definitely kicking myself, again, for going with the 1 inch ext.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by adamargue91 View Post
    Looks good man what's the wheelbase?
    The wheelbase axle to axle is 11 1/2 inches or 29.2 centimeters.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    Look nice I like the flm but its just so much more than rem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfoster View Post

Its a bit more work too. But I don't mind breaking out the mother's. It's worth it when you see it shining

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!

The REM 1/8th chassis is $62 on their site & I got the FLM one for $45 on Stormer Hobbies. The chassis braces with f&r skids were & 29.99. I don't think REM offers their own skids.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    The wheelbase axle to axle is 11 1/2 inches or 29.2 centimeters.
    Did you know that they sent you the wrong chassis? The chassis you have is the 1" extension.

Heres the pic of yours:

And here's the pics of the 1" extended chassis from the FLM site:

here's what the 2" extended 1/8 scale chassis looks like:

In your first post, you had stated that you were going to go with the 1/8 chassis, so I thought it was a little strange that in the pic of the maxx body you posted, the body looks too long. Then when you posted the wheelbase length, I realized you're truck is 1" shorter than it should be. Sorry for the bad news man, you better get ahold of the seller and get the 1/8 scale chassis you wanted cuz there's a difference in price.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    The REM 1/8th chassis is $62 on their site & I got the FLM one for $45 on Stormer Hobbies. The chassis braces with f&r skids were & 29.99. I don't think REM offers their own skids.
    REM does sell braces. Part # REM1100 chassis braces. I ordered every rem part for the extended ultimate package. I only chose rem over FLM due to anodizing option.

Sent from Oser world

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    REM has skids also... bummer about the chassis mix up! Don't settle! Its a huge difference with a 1/8 chassis. Here's REM skids

I bent um all up, sent um back and most likely traded them for some fresh "straight" alloy lol

sent the whole truck in a couple times, got it all back in a few weeks each time.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-19-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Did you know that they sent you the wrong chassis? The chassis you have is the 1" extension.

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Yeah, I know. I kinda changed my mind at the last minute and went with the 1" extension instead. Good catch though. I guess I was still calling it a super. I should re-name my thread "Maxxmasher's FLM 1" extended Pede build!"

RC Champion
    I did get a little more done in a bit of spare time. I got the wheelie bar mounted up and the reciever plate & box secured to the chassis. I don't have to work tonight, so expect a good update in the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully, I'll have the powerplant and reciever in there and ready to rock. I have to tear the VXL system out of another truck first, and I will have a complete vehicle. Checked out Tower's tracking and my MIP H-D's are on the truck for delivery today! It's all coming together.....

I hate it when I get too close with the Ipod and the photo comes out sideways! Oh well, here's the plate and receiver box.

The only way the front wheels will stay on the ground....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    This baby is nearly done! All the parts are on and I even drove it around the basement a bit. All that's left to do is paint up the Bulldog body. This thing is going to be a bashing beast! I got the RPM body mounts on there, the MIP X-Duty keyed axles, 2.4 receiver, and the VXL system. I also got the body mounted up. Just gotta apply the liquid mask and I may paint it on Friday.

More beautiful new parts....

These MIP'S are pretty beefy!

I also came up with a battery holder using an old stereo faceplate case. I new this would come in handy some day!

Before I could put that in place, I got all the electronics mounted.

This will keep the lipo safe.

Servo wire routed and making sure everything fits.

Can't wait to get this body painted!

RC Champion
    Wow! Man that is one sick looking rig!!!! You be able to take a 40ft jump without a scratch now.

Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Champion
    I don't know about 40ft. Jumps, but it will eventually be exposed to some abuse. It's always hard at first. Just gotta get that first broken part out of the way, then it will get the snot beat out of it! I've been abusing my Slash for years, and it's pretty much the same truck, except it has an Xtreme aluminum chassis.

Here's a good example of what we try to make these poor little machines stand up to! My buddy jumping his Slash for the umpteenth time.....

Last edited by MAXXXMASHER; 02-21-2013 at 06:55 PM.

RC Champion
    I finally got all the liquid masking cut with an exacto knife and ready for paint. This body is going to be so cool, it might take me two days to paint. My most ambitious paint job yet. Time to get cracking! More later......

I don't know about 40ft. Jumps, but it will eventually be exposed to some abuse. It's always hard at first. Just gotta get that first broken part out of the way, then it will get the snot beat out of it! I've been abusing my Slash for years, and it's pretty much the same truck, except it has an Xtreme aluminum chassis.

Here's a good example of what we try to make these poor little machines stand up to! My buddy jumping his Slash for the umpteenth time.....

Awesome picture!!! I love that!!!

Truck looks great! like what u did to hold the battery. Your back links need to be shortened just alittle though. They are cambered out way to far my friend. Those need to be zero'd out

Il look forward to the paint job!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Awesome picture!!! I love that!!!

Truck looks great! like what u did to hold the battery. Your back links need to be shortened just alittle though. They are cambered out way to far my friend. Those need to be zero'd out

Il look forward to the paint job!
    Oh yeah, I know it needs some tweaks here and there. Haven't even really driven it yet.

This paint job is taking some time. Only one color sprayed so far. Gonna have to finish it up tomorrow. I have to be at work in twelve hours and I haven't been to bed yet. No work tomorrow night, so I'll definitely get it finished up. Have a load of parts coming on a UPS truck also. Goods for my 4Tec and Slash. Gonna be hard to make myself sleep with all the RC awesomeness happening tomorrow.

Kinda looks like my latest 4Tec body, but with less colors, yet a lot more complicated....

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I like how you are doing that. What are you sing to tape off all that madness ?! I totally love it and cant wait to see the end result!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I gave up tape years ago. Strictly Parma Fasmask now. I coated the entire body three times. Once it's all dry, I make every cut before I start to paint. The hard part is some of the fine lines start to disappear once the paint starts to pile up. If I pull something up I don't mean to, I replace the mask with some Tamiya tape. The only time I use tape is when I want to do a perfectly straight line. I put the tape down, then Fasmask over it. Stuff hardly ever bleeds. I love to paint RC bodies. I have a body for my Maxx, a 14RS body for my Slash, and a crawler body to paint in the near future. My dream body is to find one of the Pro-Line Streamliner bodies for the Maxx. Been out of production for about six years. Got outbidded three times on EBay over the years.....

That's kewl man. I think i worded that wrong, was really meaning what you were using to make the lines. They are totally strait from what I can see. I use the same when masking my bodies to. Not perfect but they come out really well. The furthest ive went was racing stripes with it other than masking off certain parts of the body. Clean work i must say.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Sorry boys; no painting today. I traded days at work, so I gotta go in tonight. The good news is that I'll now have three days off in a row for uninterrupted RC madness! On a side note, I'm going to a college basketball game this evening with about ten friends and family members on my work's dime, so that will be cool! Time for bed now!

RC Champion
    I got a little more painting done today. This body is proving to be quite the time consuming challenge. And I'm still not done!! A few more steps to go. It will be done tomorrow for sure. I also got in a bumper made for th monster jam trucks because I really like how it looks on the truck. I may have to modify it to work on the truck, because it won't really fit properly with the FLM skid.

My latest round of paint.....

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    The colors remind me of a spiderman suit. Looks very sweet!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

I agree with rag that truck looks just like spidey. Very good job on the paint. I want to see a side view.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Well. I got the last of the paint on this Bulldog body. Man, what a lot of work! I did make some mistakes, and had some bleeds, but I had about a lot more chances for things to go wrong than I would have on a more simple body. I only had to make about a thousand cuts with my exacto knife!! It looks pretty good. Just have to add some stickers and the front bumper and I think I'll call this build done! Hey pics!! Let me know what you think!!

I don't think it'll get lost in a crowd!!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Is that chrome or white inside the black?
    I liked all black in there better, but I cant see it in person, so what do I know lol???
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Looks very busy but in a good way!! Can I agree with rag again?? LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    That looks awesome man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Is that chrome or white inside the black?
    I liked all black in there better, but I cant see it in person, so what do I know lol???
    It's chrome. I think I liked it better when the lines were all black, too. Shoulda made less lines that were thicker. If you stare at the truck long enough, then look at a white wall, you'll see fireworks!! It came out a bit too busy, but every time I try something, I learn a little more. Still have three bodies in my stockpile to paint and all three have been started in some fashion.

RC Enthusiast
    Dude that is one sweet pede jealous of how much your wife lets you spend lol... Hey i got a question what wheels are those and tires I love them might want to switch?????

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Moocksgoinfast View Post
    Dude that is one sweet pede jealous of how much your wife lets you spend lol... Hey i got a question what wheels are those and tires I love them might want to switch?????
    Yeah, it's cool that I have the freedom to pursue my hobbies the way I want. She thinks it is a bit silly, but better than spending money in a bar or other things. I think Longaberger baskets are silly, but if she likes them, that's cool, too. I also funded a great deal of this project by building and selling of a pair of rollers on ebay. We both have our "mad money" that we spend any way we want that is separate from our shared funds. I got a Harley and she got a Mustang; I go hunting and fishing and she goes to Disney World. Life is good!

As far as the tire/wheel combo, the wheels are Renegades and the tires are Ripsaws. They are the stockers that come with the Axial Wraith. I had them sitting around because I put crawler tires and bead-locks on that rig. The only issue is that the inside diameter of the wheels is a bit snug for the rear carriers. I had to put a slight notch in the carriers to get them to fit right. If they break, I'll have to try something different.

RC Enthusiast
    Wow!!!! The body came out awsome, do great paint jobs.

Sent From My 2500 HD Tapatalk 2
    My old screen name on here is ( Rocpede4x4)

RC Racer
    The entire build was awesome. Thanks for the great thread!

RC Racer
    I got all my rem stuff from addicted to rc the whole truck package is 250 or a little more and I like that you can pick colors

RC Qualifier
    Wow that's going to be one sick p2de! I love the dxt chassis, but you should put a brushless system in like the castle sidewinder 3 combo.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Champion
    I got all my rem stuff from addicted to rc the whole truck package is 250 or a little more and I like that you can pick colors

That IS looking pretty cool! My truck is a real handful on 3s. Already broke a front arm and the servo saver! Rebuilt and ready to go. No pics, though......

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ FLM P2de ~ SCX-10 ~ AX-10 ~ Wraith ~ HPI Custom Nitro dragster ~ 3 Losi micro scalers

RC Champion
    Great now I have two threads to follow and take tips as my next project is also a full FLM build...hopefully in August.
    Nice.
    Yeah its crazy ordering stuff of e-bay, the delivery time is just annoying for me, impatient I guess. When I start this one I will try direct form the lhs or from FLM.
    Post a video when you run it, thanks, it will be awesome to watch
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    will that tranny fit on the rustler? and if so where can i get it? the one i have wont allow me to put a heat sink in it
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE, EVERYONE PAYS THE PRICE

RC Champion
    I'm pretty sure it will. Keep in mind that most of us had to modify it slightly as it doesn't seem to line up perfectly with the chassis. Also if you run MIP axles, you'll have to cut away part of the metal motor plate for clearance. Don't let that deter you though, easy fixes with a dremel or a hacksaw & razor knife. I'd buy another one. In fact, I have one on my Slash, as well.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers

RC Champion
    This is great! I have that body and was looking at putting it on my Grave Digger. It looked to short on the stock chassis so I thought about getting the flm 1" chassis so I searched and this thread came up! Pretty much exactly what I wanted to do. After seeing this, I'm thinking that body wouldn't look bad with 2" added. I might go with the 1/8 scale version..it's also a little bit thicker. I guess I'll start a build thread soon.

And I have those wraith wheels too
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410