Thread: Your temps?

RC Qualifier

Your temps?

Hey everyone, I currently have the stock electronics and 2s... I usually run stampede tires but I just have a couple questions of balpark of your temps? I have one fan on my motor but just ordered a dusty motors shroud and wondering If you think I would overheat on 2s bashing? Usually top temp gets 85 up here in wisconsin so if we said 80 degrees with my variables will I overheat? If you could help it would be must appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    The best thing is check frequently till you get a feel for how long you can run it. Thats what I did. it's cheaper to check temps than buy parts.

RC Qualifier
    Yea, right now I'm all spent on money. (Only work in summers, not yet an adult :/) so that is the only reason I haven't bought a temp gun yet... Right now I'm in pretty decent shape seeing at most the temps get to 35 f but I would just like to know balpark If other people have monitored their temps if I would be good for the time being...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by idkhow101 View Post
    Yea, right now I'm all spent on money. (Only work in summers, not yet an adult :/) so that is the only reason I haven't bought a temp gun yet... Right now I'm in pretty decent shape seeing at most the temps get to 35 f but I would just like to know balpark If other people have monitored their temps if I would be good for the time being...

Speaking as a parent, if one of my kids asked me for something to protect something they've invested in, I would hook them up. A pocket size temp gun can be had for $25 at radio shack. It's really hard to judge your temps with the larger tires, and shroud. Also the surfaces you drive on, and your driving style are big factors in temps.

RC Qualifier
    Would not have thought you would have any issues at those Temps. Mine are getting around twice that on both my trucks.

If you want to have a cheap easy means to check motor temps, I suggest using these:-

Mugs' Slash Ultimate

Mugs' embe

Have compared to Temp Gun and accuracy is good.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    I dont think you will have problems if the gearing is stock and running 2s.

Im with Jrgold too. While I dont give my kids anything for free I would hook them up and let them work it off cleaing out my car or something. No its not because Im a cheapo. I just want my kids to learn that life is not a handout. They do very well on Christmas and birthdays but the rest of the time they have to earn it one way or another.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the temp gun is now definitely #1 on my list!

This thread has had several off topic posts removed. Let's try and stay on topic gentlemen.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    sorry, removed because just saw your post dad...

RC Racer
    ...the temps here were approaching 180!

RC Racer
    If you are running the stock Velineon setup, try and stay under 170F, the duratrax infarred temp gun is available at most LHS that I know of, very convenient and easy to use.. I too have a dusty motors shroud on my ultimate and so far I have not noticed any increase in temps due to the shroud even though i'm running a different motor/esc