RC Enthusiast

After 1 month of having it

I got a brushed mini summit and since day one its been crap. I took it out of the box and drove it 5 feet and servo went out. Ok got it fixed same problem again after 5 feet :$#!!. Now I have to walk with my truck just to drive it. I cannot get 5 feet from it with out losing control .

Wondering if you guys have anything to say that will help me to actually like this truck?

Right now to me this is a crap car

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Sounds like you have some antenna issues with that short of range.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    this may sound obvious but did u extend your antenna on you radio and receiver also i would try changing the batteries in the controller with brand new batteries the ones in it may be dead but the warning light might not be working correctly.

RC poster
    The truck is not even 4 weeks old and its been doing that since day one. Traxxas hasnt been any real help either

RC Champion
    I have a few month old brushless with range issues, too. Not as bad as you're experiencing but much less than it should. Traxxas won't help?
    / 16

RC Racer
    Call Traxxas support during the day. They are super cool and will try hard to make your experience great.

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.

RC Qualifier
    Had same problem on my kid's Slash.
    I opened the transmitter and found the antenna wire had come unplugged from the board
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    Call Traxxas support during the day. They are super cool and will try hard to make your experience great.
    Agreed...tech support has been very helpful to me.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by photon_trap View Post
    Had same problem on my kid's Slash.
    I opened the transmitter and found the antenna wire had come unplugged from the board
    Same thing happened on my Summit VXL transmitter, quick easy fix. I get well over 150ft range now.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you may still have a problem. My 2.4 range is far beyond when I can see which way the truck is pointing. I know on the 2.4, there is like an inch or so on the end of the antenna that is a little bigger than the rest. All of that part is supposed to be outside of the tube. Do not ever cut any of the length off from the antenna, that will kill the range for sure. Always just put the excess back in the reciever box. I sent mine over nine blocks down the street with my son beside it on his scooter, with a walkie talkie guiding me, just to see how far it would reach.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Champion
    I am guessing you have a bad receiver. If you are having range issues and something connected to it (servo) is giving you issues too, I would replace the receiver!

Thats how I troubleshoot