Thread: emaxx motor?

RC Enthusiast

Exclamation emaxx motor?

OK besides the mamba motor what is some more good brush less setups for the emaxx that will fit with Any mods? Or maybe some good brushed motors

RC Racer
    Lots of folks talk about that drill motor from Dewalt, that is something I may look into. Also, there is the Traxxas Summit Titan 775 motor that my hobby shop says will run better than my pair of Titan 550 motors... and the Titan motors are low cost and disposable.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea I've heard of those I like the duel Kershaw design 700ho motors it come with the motors and the motor plate made for those motors for like less than 100 I think

RC Racer
    Hobbywing 150a esc with ********* 6pole 2650kv motor is what i have in mine. Also had the same esc with a Tacon 1800kv that worked well too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Sl4sh with CC MMP 3800, 2 mervs, a 3905 BL eMaxx,

RC Champion
    I'm happy with my brushed DeWalt motor. Not much speed but a ton of torque.

For my SC truck I'm slowly building, I'm looking at getting a Tenshock BL motor.

I've read good things about Hobbywing motors. In fact you can get a really good ESC/Motor combo from them. They have what they advertise as a Water Proof ESC.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I want to get a single motor setup like the 775 or other. I'm building the maxx for grass running and I need the torque and cool temps, more than I need speed. Kershaw has a few nice options. I have not dealt with kershaw, hearing mixed reviews recently. Hopefully they sort it out.

RC Champion
    you can email Dan at kershaws see if he can help you out, But i heard there was a fire at his place and understandable he is trying to sort that out will have priority and trying his best to keep customers happy may be difficult at the moment. But this is just something that i read.
    If it will be a problem getting a dewalt from kershaws, then there is many other places that sell the motors. Go to the dewalt site and use the locator to find a service repair centre, there is many world wide. only thing you need to make sure it is the new style 14.4V dewalt motor.
    But in the new style there is many different performance motors in each 14.4V category. Just go with a serial number that people use and you should be ok.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    You know there is actually one of those DeWalt service centers less than 2 miles from my house, or at least there was. Thanks ill check that out. Never even thought of them.

Sorry to hear about Kershaw. I'm going to be running the stock setup for a while, then I will contact Dan when I'm ready. Ill also see if that DeWalt service is still in town. thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got my dewalt through sears, but I had to wait like a month to get it. It is also available from robot market.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...lt_motors.html

RC Qualifier
    Thanks RC-Fan!

RC Champion
    I ordered my DeWalt motor from eBay. Brand new and less than $30 after shipping.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I'll check that out too. I have no idea which exact motor I'm getting yet... Is that one of the ones you can replace the brushes in, or are all the DeWalts like that?

RC Champion
    I think all DeWalt motors have replaceable brushes.

RC Qualifier
    That's cool then. I don't know what their brush setup looks like, but if it's like a conventional 540 RC motor setup, maybe I can get a comm pen in the brush slot to clean the comm also... I would imagine those big motors are pretty durable as long as their geared right..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It is a good motor, also you can replace just the brushes instead of the whole can.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mepster View Post
    That's cool then. I don't know what their brush setup looks like, but if it's like a conventional 540 RC motor setup, maybe I can get a comm pen in the brush slot to clean the comm also... I would imagine those big motors are pretty durable as long as their geared right..
    Plenty space there.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    Good grief! I can get in there ok for sure.