RC Enthusiast

Slash to Rustler wheels...

Are the Slash 2wd wheels interchangeable to a Rustler? I don't find many pre-mount wheel/tires for the Rustler suitable for my local track, and was wondering if I could just get the Slash pre-mounts? Off-sets? I remember reading something like Slash rears all the way around, or fronts...I forget??? Does it matter?

Yes you can run Slash wheels on a Rustler but they are taller and skinnier so in theory you won't have as good traction. Also, the offset on the rear will be a little different (wider) so if you look at it from the top, the rear will be wider than your rustler with the stock wheels.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Yeah, I was considering slash wheels and tires. I need tires for my rustler, and went to the lhs. After comparing the dimensions of 1/10 truck tires to slash tires, Im deciding to wait and order 2.2 truck tires. The hobby shop was stocked with sc premounts, but hardly any 2.2s plus I'd rather be low and wide with grip especially with the shorter wheelbase when compared to a slash. They just work differently and the tire dimensions show that imo

RC Champion
    The slash wheels aren't as wide as the rusty .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Qualifier
    Get some 2.8 trenchers. That's what I have on my rustler and they are beast! Don't get the traxxas tires as the come de-glued quickly. 2.2's will work but it's better to have 2.8 for bashing. They are also around the same cost.