RC Qualifier

roll cage and wing mount

I got a roll cage and i cant get my Traxxas wing mount to fit with the cage i got.

I like the Integy cage as it covers the whole engine. It wont fit either with the Traxxas wing mount. Will the Techno wing mount work cause it mounts to the body post and not the bumper mounts?

So what cage and wing mount does every one use?
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    im using the tekno wing kit ive never tried to install a roll cage with it but from what ive heard integy aint that good

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by villageidiot View Post
    im using the tekno wing kit ive never tried to install a roll cage with it but from what ive heard integy aint that good
    Can you please take pics of the back of your Revo from multiple angles with the Tekno wing mount installed. That may give me a idea if it will work with the cage i have.

I have a few Integy parts and havent had any problems with them but have had problems with other brands. My problem is getting the wing to fit with the cages. The Traxxas and Integy wing mounts mount off the bumper bracket holes thus not allowing the cage i have to fit with the wing mount because the cage i have also mounts to the same holes. The Tekno wing mount mounts to the body posts and was wondering if that would clear and a specific cage. SO i was hoping guys with cages that have wings mounted would chime in.

RC Racer
    sorry for the late response just got online heres the pics for you and hope they can help you out

RC Qualifier
    Thank you for posting pics. I did order the Tekno Wing mount i think i can make it work with a lil modification.

Can defiantly tell you Revo is no shelf queen

How do you like those Badland Tires? Did they change the way your Revo runs and handles because they are not as tall or aswide as stock tires?I just ordered a set.

I also noticed you dont have a pipe and only a header. Do you normally run it like that? IF so, how does it run with out any pressure line to the tank?

RC Racer
    lol she needs a bath hope it rains soon
    i was in process of changing my clutch so i just removed the exhaust and engine i run a ths pipe just forgot to put it bak on for the pics.
    the badlands are a good tire for bashing i found they dont like soft sand or loose soft dirt on an incline they will dig in and ground u out also they slightly porky for racing tho i mounted them on dish rims with no offset so the wheel base is shorter in width (noob mistake) makes the truck turn slightly better on tight turns but also the thing tends to topple pretty easy

RC Qualifier
    i changed my spur and cb to 40/14 to make up for the tire size of hte Proline Mashers. Im curious as to what its gonna do with a tire 1" shorter with the 40/14 set up. Im expecting alot of wheel spin. I like to run my slipper a lil on the tight side so this should be interesting lol. Ill post pics when i get my Revo all rebuilt and back together. Im waiting on a $350 order of hop up parts and bling including the Badlands. Cant wait.

RC Racer
    my misses would kill me if i spent tha on my truck im goin to start tinkering and changing clutches and gearing on weekend if i get time to get it out im running stock gearing and clutch with the os.21 and now stock pipe i just noticed a bent manifold lol
    Last edited by Double G; 02-09-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    I saw the bent pipe issue on another thread i too have bent a header but with the THS pipe i dont think that is possible cuase of the spring mount.

LOL as far as the misses goes i dont have one of those lol. Its just me and the dog. Besides im crippled and retired and have nothing really to spend my money on. Its my excuse to get out of the house and do something other than fishing which all the lakes are froze over atm so taking the boat to the lake has to wait. And $350 was just my most recent order lol.

RC Racer
    lol i just dont get to take my truck out much anymore got a moaning misses and lil one so hobbys kinda sidelined a moment and worst thing ov all we got the weather here in texas for running trucks all year i look forward to seeing some pics of ur truck when u put ur bkling on there and i did post some pics of my 2 money piuts in the revo forum2 just for people to look at