Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

What's the best deal you've ever had on a used rc vehicle?

I've been wheelin n dealin ALOT lately and am feeling pretty good about some of the moves I've made.
    Just wondering what some of you have landed for what seemed like a great deal.

RC Racer
    I got a brusless emaxx for some subs an a amp, best deal I ever had

RC Racer
    Traded a weed whacker for a summit...

RC Champion
    1/16 E-Revo VXL off Craigslist for $65. It was rtr except for no transmitter, although it had a 2.4 link rx. It was in good shape, and even had a brand-new never run stock body.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Racer
    Wow! I thought I had some good deals.
    These are spectacular in comparison.

Best deal I ever got was sending in two used vxl escs for repair and traxxas sending me two brand new ones, as a courtesy. I had already set aside money to pay for the repairs.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Getting a 2.5 t-maxx, with a big box of all kinds of spare parts for free. The house across the street from me was forclosed on, then sit empty. Finally got bought a few months back, the guy that bought it had seen me and my son running our car, and offerd me the t-maxx he found inside and all the parts. He was just gonna throw it in the trash.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Champion
    getting a set of 4 hard-anodized 7075-T6 pivot balls and 2 spools new in box for 99p on fleEbay. The balls go for £25 and the spools are £15 each.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Champion
    I got two slashes, a brushless airplane, and an associated tc3 all for $70.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Got a built Clod buster for free... he couldn't figure out why he was burning through mechanical speed controls... got frustrated and handed it to the closest person... me. lol
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I got a erevo with a 1/10 castle sv2 setup a 2.4 link setup and reg remote setup. For a associated b3 with differential problems and no motor and a savage 25 with a blown motor and no tires

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ppizun69 View Post
    I got a erevo with a 1/10 castle sv2 setup a 2.4 link setup and reg remote setup. For a associated b3 with differential problems and no motor and a savage 25 with a blown motor and no tires

Wow that was a nice deal.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Have made some good vehicle purchases here and there, thats forsure, One nice score was I bought a ton of vintage Traxxas parts from a local hobby shops back room, Had maybe $200 invested and after selling everything out, collected about $700

So a sweet $500 profit was made there
    Last edited by dave00bear; 02-05-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Qualifier
    I bought a RTR Revo 3.3 for $100. Drove it hard for 2 weeks, blew the motor and flipped it for $200 broken lol.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Champion
    i think my best deal was from a old buddy of mine. he found a all aluminum 3906 e-maxx roller in the basement of this abandoned house he was hired to strip/demolish. he knew i was into rcs. freebie. i got it running with new electronics and i kept that e-maxx for almost 8 years. matter of fact i just sold it a month ago, and im missing it something fierce. it is on the e-maxx forum somwhere.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Bought a rtr slayer for $100. Turned it into a Revo with spare parts.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Got a built Clod buster for free... he couldn't figure out why he was burning through mechanical speed controls... got frustrated and handed it to the closest person... me. lol

Clods are AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    convinced my mom to get me a stampede.

more then a year later and its my go to truck and the truck to total the most spent on
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ppizun69 View Post

Forgot to.mention the erevo was a 1/16 scale...but she is no longer with us.....

RC Champion
    Bought a revo 3.3, slayer 3.3, Tmaxx with OS .18, and spare 3.3 motor for $250
    Revo and slayer were nearly new, revo was street driven only.

I also bought a nice revo that was almost a roller for $50. Came with a new body and new traxxas red aluminum pushrods and turnbuckles.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Oh, I bought this summit a few weeks ago for $200,

i traded a onroad electric for nitro and made $400 off its parts that it came with when i only spent 100 on the onroad to begin with. I think its maybe 450 but i didnt keep track really its bought me parts for my merv, emaxx, and the nitro i sold the extra parts for not too bad. wish i can come across a deal like that again.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    Oh, I bought this summit a few weeks ago for $200,
    You stole that thing!

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.

RC poster
    I got a 3.3 t maxx , a 3.3 jato and 2 other cars o can't talk about ,and a lot of parts and a gallon of fuel and all I had to mow a yard for my neighbor. And I used his mower

Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    Have made some good vehicle purchases here and there, thats forsure, One nice score was I bought a ton of vintage Traxxas parts from a local hobby shops back room, Had maybe $200 invested and after selling everything out, collected about $700

So a sweet $500 profit was made there
    You're welcome.

Just remembered that a few years ago, a fellow racer made me the offer of a lifetime. Factory Team RC8 completely race ready. Came with a fresh .21 engine, pair of new DS1015 servos, new set of AKA City Block SS premounts, Spekturm tx/rx, new bump box with pair of 2S lipos, custom painted body. Also got a XXX-T MF2 with MMP esc and Velineon motor, another Spektrum receiver. And a Losi BK2 buggy, Duratrax Onyx 230 charger. Also a Losi XXX-NT AD2 completely race ready with high end Futaba servos, Dynamite Platinum .12, Losi bump box, Futaba tx/rx. Oh and a Traxxas Slash RTR with big bores, and a bunch of aluminum upgrades.

Along with all the vehicles and accessories I got an AMB transponder, tool box full of hand and power tools, shock oils, diff fluids, glow ignitors, pinions, shocks, springs, hub carriers, a-arms, diff rebuilds, and too many NIP spare parts and accessories to even begin to list.

Got all of it for $300 cash.

RC Racer
    Picked these both up for $400.
    Like new. Just need a bath.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    You're welcome.
    Hahaha....Yes thank you, and Daniel, and a few others out there.

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Just remembered that a few years ago, a fellow racer made me the offer of a lifetime. Factory Team RC8 completely race ready. Came with a fresh .21 engine, pair of new DS1015 servos, new set of AKA City Block SS premounts, Spekturm tx/rx, new bump box with pair of 2S lipos, custom painted body. Also got a XXX-T MF2 with MMP esc and Velineon motor, another Spektrum receiver. And a Losi BK2 buggy, Duratrax Onyx 230 charger. Also a Losi XXX-NT AD2 completely race ready with high end Futaba servos, Dynamite Platinum .12, Losi bump box, Futaba tx/rx. Oh and a Traxxas Slash RTR with big bores, and a bunch of aluminum upgrades.

Along with all the vehicles and accessories I got an AMB transponder, tool box full of hand and power tools, shock oils, diff fluids, glow ignitors, pinions, shocks, springs, hub carriers, a-arms, diff rebuilds, and too many NIP spare parts and accessories to even begin to list.

Got all of it for $300 cash.
    Dang, Thats a boat load of good stuff for a song!

Quote Originally Posted by uncledave View Post
    Picked these both up for $400.
    Like new. Just need a bath.

Heck yeah! Nice score!
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Qualifier
    I got my Brushless erevo with no radio for 425. Now I have at least 3x that into it
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Champion
    Bought my bandit for $30 a couple of weeks ago, just needed a drivers side rear a arm and wheel.

Here is a pic after I fixed it and put buggy wheels on it,

I ended up putting almost $300 into it since, so it is currently the most expensive car I have, based on cash money out of my pocket.

RC poster
    My neighbor saw me out playing with my e-maxx for a couple weeks, bought a nitro rustler. Drove it a couple times, set it on a shelf, gave it to me a year later. Freebie! Came with year old fuel and a charger too!

Tapatalk'd from iPhone 4.

RC Racer
    today i just picked up a summit 1/10 new!!!! i traded my slash 4x4 and my slash 2x4 for it is that a good trade? i think i did good i only paid 82$ for the 4x4 and 50$ for the 2x4 woot woot..

RC Champion
    traded a handheld GPS for a week old wrecked nitro rusty, then I traded an extra radio for my GPS!

RC Qualifier
    my e-maxx 3906 I bought was $150, it had an 80 amp brushless system that has not failed me yet in snow conditions, and I ran the motor with my mamba monster ESC on 6s lipos, I was concerned an 80A system would hold up but it hardly even gets hot. The e-maxx had e-revo axle carriers installed and traxxas CVD's front center and rear. The guy gave me 2 lipos, 2 sets of tires, a brand new body, 4 big bore aluminum shocks and a bag of spare parts. I've broken the chassis twice and gone through several plastic bulkheads but it has quality aluminum bulkheads now (won ebay auctions for $17 each set) and now the chassis seems to hold up well. 3906 e-maxxes aren't worth much because it cost a lot to update the parts but I got mine with most of the updates covered, all I'd need to add is a chassis, transmission and steering assembly from ebay and I'd have a quality built modern e-maxx, I could realistically do that for $120 and have $270 into a brushless e-maxx.
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    Worked with a guy a couple of years ago who mentioned he had some old r/c cars and planes in his basement and wanted to know if I was interested in them. He didn't remember what they were but he wanted to get rid of them cheap. I ended up with an original Tamiya Grasshopper, Mauri Hunter, tamiya Boomerang, Clodbuster, 3 airplanes and a Traxxas Villain IV for the grand total of $100... Ended up selling everything except 1 of the planes and the Villain for well over $1000.. I would say that was a good deal..I should have kept the Clodbuster, but I was offered a crazy amount for it and couldn't say no.. All these cars were in great shape and needed nothing but a cleaning to sell them.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Racer
    I traded a rode hard put away wet merv (that I got in trade) straight up for a decent condition 1/10 Summit. Cleaned up the summit and traded it for a MINT CONDITION Snap on Edition Slash 4x4.

RC Racer
    Bought all this for 200

then built this out of all the spares

Bought this for 100

RC Qualifier
    Bought 2 rc10t3's for $50. The guy called his wife to leave the trucks outside and i would go pick them up. When i got there, there was the t3's and also a losi xxx4. I called the guy to let him know his buggy was outside and he said if you want it you can have that too!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I bought a BIG box of stampede parts for $200 shipped. ended up building 5 RTR stampedes, sold 2 of them for the $200 I had invested, sold the other 2 for another $200 and kept the 3rd one, that included a 2.4 radio and a Sidewinder/4600kv combo, as my loaner truck for a while. Ended up selling it for $250. So I made $450 and had a great time putting them all back together.

I also bought an RTR ERBE (started as a brushed model and included all the brushed components, basically new) with a 2.4 radio, batteries, charger, 4 sets of wheels/tires, 3 bodies (all new) and a pile of spare parts for $325 shipped. Returned it to brushed status, Sold off all the extras for about $400 then sold the truck for $325. That same week I bought a Slash 4X4 Ultimate (when the TQI first came out) for $300 with a bunch of extras and in one day tore it down and parted the entire truck and all the parts... including having everything shipped, made $100 and kept the TQI radio with docking base... sold that 6 months later for $100. The cool part about that one was from the time I took it home to the time the last part was in the mail was about 7 hours...

On the other hand, ive lost ALOT of money on MANY of my own builds and projects. I wish I could say ive about broken even over the years but no dice on that.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Bought all this for $200...

and bought all this for $150...

Then picked up a Rally VXL for $60(completely disassembled...with everything but a tx/rx).

Last good deal was trading about an hour worth of electrical work in my LHS(I'm an Electrician)...
    for a Flysky FS-GT3C TX/RX and a H911 Hero micro helicopter.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker