RC Competitor

914er's DeltaPlastik Subaru-bodied Rally 1/10

I've been working on it for about 10 days now in my spare time while staying at this hotel in Florida. I managed to get the Hot Racing struts installed with 60 weight oil, and I soldered a motor fan and a SC fan together to run from the same plug.... nothing new.

I believe I'm the first one to buy a body from DeltaPlastiks though.... so I know there are probably a few that are curious as to how they fit, and would rather see a completed project, rather than "speculate" what will fit and what won't.

It fits..... pretty well..... and there are 61 different bodies to choose from that are all advertised as being the exact same width and wheelbase:
    http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...at2=11&cat3=15

It should be noted... that I am happy with the body.... and the wing. But the decals I ordered are of the lowest quality I have seen. Absolute trash... and they look like "cartoons". No window film either.... so be prepared to use a rubber masking paint and an xacto knife.... and be prepared to paint everything. Don't waste your money on the decals.

Keep in mind.... this is the first time I've ever painted or trimmed my own body... so you'll have to forgive the amateur paintjob.

I cannibalized the subaru logos from larger decals.... otherwise everything you see is paint.... no stickers at all.

Wheels are JConcepts Rulux wheels painted metallic bronze..... rear Rustler fitment
    Tires are JConcepts G-locs tires.

I refused to make any axle modifications... no spacers.... no adapters..... just bolted the wheels on.

I had to trim about 2 mm of "extra" space from the rear of the front wheelwells..... and about the same from the front of the rear wheelwells to get the fitment correct.

I also had to HEAVILY modify a set of straight, vertical, aftermarket body posts for the rear.
    The front body posts are stock.

Overall..... I'm pleased... and it was a rewarding experience.... just wish I were a more skilled painter.

Enjoy:

Last edited by ninefourteener; 02-04-2013 at 10:36 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    wow, that fits perfectly!!
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

Nice one mate....
    Rock n Rolla !

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Dude that came out clean man!!! Not a bad job at all on the first time around. The more you paint the better you'll get. I know you haven't had many bodies, but what are your first impressions on the quality from Deltaplastiks? You are sure going to hate to get your first scratch on that clean work.

A buddy of mine told me how to get over keeping a body new for so long and being gentle on it, is to slide the top of the car on pavement to roughen it up. Then you won't feel bad when you crash and tear it up. LOL I still have yet to do that. I take pride in my work and try to keep them nice as long as possible.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    are those the j-concepts rulux 2.8 wheels and tires?

got some proline desperados 2.8 with g-locs for the stampede around here somewhere

i'm planning on using a deltaplastik body too, they sure got some nice ones

RC Qualifier
    looks very good for first timer .. I was gonna order a body for my car from there was 22 euros plus 50 euros shipping 77 euros roughly 105 dollars .. can i ask how much they charged to ship that body toyou >?
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Competitor
    Only issue I see is that the wheels do not look scale.....other than that its a great fit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Great job man. Just a thought for next time. You could use the crappy light decals as "light masks" for when your painting. That would save you from having to cut the light masking by hand.

Lets see a pic of it beside your full size car.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    heres something that i could never find anywhere lol. made by Kyosho for 1/8 scale.

not mine though....
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    the DVX are awesome! I like that Delta body too!
    Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    Great stuff 9 14! Now if they would just make a 2002 bugeye I would be in RC heaven.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    Check that I think it wil fit .......

http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_I.../kyoigb050.htm

RC Competitor
    It fits pretty good. Here is mine. I like that delta one too.

You can drive my car, but there's a $500 deposit.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    That site is awesome, and the prices are not too bad. Whonder what the shipping to the east coast would be?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???