Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Is slayer pro 4x4 worth it?

Hey everyone I have just bought a slash recently because I wanted something waterproof that I could use in the snow and bash on the track a little bit but I really love the nitro scene but I don't know if the slayer is worth it because I was looking through the forum quick and I see a lot of people converting them to e-slayers or revos. my buddy just bought a ten sct and the thing is great and I really just want to know if the slayer could even come close because in my opinion it looks a little narrow and like it would traction roll in any corner but I wouldn't know. I love my slash but love the nitro and waterproof is a big factor to me too cause like I said it will probably be more of a basher than a racer. please help me out with what you think of the truck I kind of really want lol plus the F-1 suspension is awesome haha thanks again your friend jlucas

I love my Slayer. If you don't like nitro, it's not for you. If you can deal with nitro and the pains, then you'll enjoy it alot. It's a great truck, I couldn't be more happier. Well, besides it not starting sometimes, that is. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    no that's the thing I love nitro like I love how you can run all day without buying a lot of batteries or waiting for them to charge and tuning my nitro (I have a losi speednt) is one of my favorite parts of this hobby I just more or less want to know if its waterproof and if it handles well

RC poster
    I just recently got a slayer pro, I haven't even tuned it yet just got through the break in and I love it already. As for the waterproofing I believe it is mostly waterproof (correct me if im wrong please) but it is a nitro engine so it can never be completely waterproof. In my limited experience driving the truck it handled pretty well, but I have heard that the sway bar kit is pretty much a must have on it and maybe a heavier shock oil and spring setup to reduce the rollovers. This all is what I have got out of reading quite a bit on here but I am new to it, but I do know it is a fun truck and i'm sure you will love it.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks for the input guys and I know losi makes an air filter for the ten sct that is supposed to be very water resistant and that would probably be the first mod I would do along with suspension and does it come with the blue waterproof servos?

the first mod I would do along with suspension and does it come with the blue waterproof servos?
    What mod are you planning for the suspension? Yes, the Slayer comes with the waterproof servo. Steering, and throttle servos.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    What mod are you planning for the suspension? Yes, the Slayer comes with the waterproof servo. Steering, and throttle servos.
    sorry i meant the mod as in putting the losi ten sct air filter on it

RC Champion
    The receiver box is not sealed so it doesn't matter if the rest of the truck is if you don't protect the receiver.
    Slayer is great off road but rolls way to easily on the pavement.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,