RC Competitor

help with gearing please

Hello all, I ordered a traxxas velineo 3500 vxl system. I want to go fast. What the fastest gearing that I can use and will fit. I have a slash 2wd. Thanks.
    HPI BAJA 5T, E-MAXX BRUSHLESS

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bptraxxas View Post
    Hello all, I ordered a traxxas velineo 3500 vxl system. I want to go fast. What the fastest gearing that I can use and will fit. I have a slash 2wd. Thanks.
    31/76 starts slow but it gets going and runs fast once up there
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

Make sure you understand ,with that type of gearing,on 2s you truck will be able to reach speeds of 50 or more mph.
    On 3s around 80mph,your motor will get hot quick,and after 50 mph the truck will get a mind if it's own.
    Why don't you try 2s 50c 5000mah battery to keep motor temps down a bit,and 25pinion -86 spur.
    That should give you 40mph,and with a slash,that's hall-en the mail.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

From your signature line it looks like your an experienced RC'er. Do you have a temp gun? Stay away from 31/76 unless you are checking temps. I'd go with the 23/86 or 25/86 as mentioned above to start.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    From your signature line it looks like your an experienced RC'er. Do you have a temp gun? Stay away from 31/76 unless you are checking temps. I'd go with the 23/86 or 25/86 as mentioned above to start.
    31/76 was fun thing was flying took 2 blocks to get it rolling then it got UGLY thats when i lost range and it went flying into the woods trashed the truck pretty good i just did like billy got the Shovel out and a box took it to my LHS and said what do we need truck was in the box and he just shock his head (good thing he is related and he also tells me to buy online) anyway i have a a sculpture of slash parts sitting where it went off the road was the best day of my bashing so now with the truck 85% back together it should be fine. you should have seen it when it took off into the wood with its little jump up over the dirt burm and poof it was gone looked like something you would see in the movies so sad i have half of the rear quarter somewhere around here when i dig it up i will post picks
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

Like I said,if you had a video of it,you could run it in slow motion and sell it to MGM,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    31/76 was fun thing was flying took 2 blocks to get it rolling then it got UGLY thats when i lost range and it went flying into the woods trashed the truck pretty good i just did like billy got the Shovel out and a box took it to my LHS and said what do we need truck was in the box and he just shock his head (good thing he is related and he also tells me to buy online) anyway i have a a sculpture of slash parts sitting where it went off the road was the best day of my bashing so now with the truck 85% back together it should be fine. you should have seen it when it took off into the wood with its little jump up over the dirt burm and poof it was gone looked like something you would see in the movies so sad i have half of the rear quarter somewhere around here when i dig it up i will post picks
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

I run 31/83 on my pede but it's castle
    So go with 28/83
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Yes I got one. I am very expierenced with rcs and just need an opninon
    HPI BAJA 5T, E-MAXX BRUSHLESS