RC poster

How accurite is the Traxxas Telemetry?

I have a Slash 4x4 ultimate with 1410. and MMP and have it geared 15/54 and its setup 15/54 in the program. And I have hit a max of 60mph on 3s with body on. and 39mph on 2s. Does anyone have any info on how accurite this might be, has anyone had gps on board and telemetry? Im gonna gear up to 17 or 19 next. I know people has already said im flirting with death of my motor but I have not let it get past 137 deg so far. Do they normally have to get hot before they smoke or can it just happen when not hot?

RC Racer
    You're motor is good as long as you stay under 180 deg. Other things such as driveshaft, slipper, bearings, are more likely to go with all that juice tho. I'm not sure about telemetry, but that sounds close. You can check ballpark with this, I've read it's pretty close, but have not tested it myself against

GPS:

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

Heres the values I entered based on what u described, it calculated 55mph:

RC Racer
    Lol, that jumbled the text and photos all up, but hopefully you get it.

RC Competitor
    That calculator was pretty accurate for mine. Also to the right of the results there is a pic of a gear, if u click on it it brings up a chart that shows ur spur staying the same with different pinions sizes and their results so u can get a good idea to adjust.
    Slash rx8 tenshock 4000/Mugen mbx6 Eco rx8 t8 2650

RC Competitor
    Hay jr I see u added .1" for tire ballooning, that might be a little low. If you add a little more to that it will be 60mph

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick180 View Post
    Hay jr I see u added .1" for tire ballooning, that might be a little low. If you add a little more to that it will be 60mph
    Sup man! You're right, especially at those speeds. What do you add for ballooning? Also you could bump the tire size a little depending on what you're running. I enter 4.35 for my trenchers.

RC Competitor
    I'm not sure how to be precise with the tire ballooning just know that when I run 3s my tires look like they are gonna blow to pieces! Lol my best guess would be .5" minimum.

RC poster
    Thats a cool chart the first time i tried some top speed runs i was on a tar and chip road and max was 56mph. And was happy with that then i went front of my dads place on smoother asphalt and majority of the runs was like 58 or 59 but i got 60 once and i stopped there by that time it was at 130 something so then i just played with it like doing wheelies and back flips. Lol thats fun. I think the tqi is so cool cause i can slow the steering down which makes the high speed runs alot easier. I used to race at a local track that closed yrs ago with nitro and those old radios wouldnt do that i dont think.

RC poster
    By the way i was running on stock wheels and tires.

RC poster
    Yea jr ive been thru a couple driveshafts already and havent had it long and need to replace slipper or motorbearing whatever its called i noticed when putting telmetry on it was a little gritty ive got some on order.