Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Lets talk tires!

How does oversize tires affect the E-Maxx? Stress on driveshafts, gears, etc...........

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They look great but are hard on the drivetrain
    The stock diffs are barely hanging in there on stock tires
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-04-2013 at 09:25 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Oversize Tires are not the only thing which would stress driveshafts, diffs, etc. It also depends on how many LiPo cells you running with and believe it or not how you drive your truck. Be that as it may, I have run Big Joe 40's on my truck in the past on 6s and not had any major issues. Admittedly I have shimmed my stock diffs. At that time I was running 18/65 gearing which is kind of a mid range gearing on 6s between all out speed and brutal acceleration. Take from my experience what you will.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    The larger and heavier tires will put more stress on the drive train. I'm running Proline 3.8" Trenchers strapped with Gorilla Tape & balanced, all CVDs and running on 6S. The only issue that I've had was a snapped dog bone. I'm not sure if that was due to hammering it or sloppy driving while jumping off things.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep trenchers are a lot of rotating weight! I had them on my revo and right now run them on my maxx. Diff lasted 1 1/4 bashing sessions but the terrain isn't diff friendly!

RC Qualifier
    I have a lot of tires for my emaxx,

Trenchers are tall and not the best for 6s but they give you a lot of clearance and work best on rough terrain.

Mashers seem to be a good all around tire and they should last the longest. I use mine the most in the winter or if i'm on pavement/ skate park.

Badlands are smaller and have loads of traction the truck rarely tips over, but you can't use them on pavement or you will wear them out and I get stuck more often because of the lower ground clearance. I've never broken a part with the badlands.

Sand tires are pretty much for sand only and they do a great job I love my sand tires they may get the most use out of all my tires.

All tires are on 1/2" wider wheels which is a must makes so much difference.

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone ever run the Road Rage by Proline?