Thread: Batteries

RC Competitor

Batteries

I just brought a E-maxx Brushless last week. im looking at changing to a lipo battery but don't know what to run should i run 2x 2s or 2x 3s. If i run 2x 3s will it break all the time and be uncontrolable. At the moment mine is stock but i will be changing to metal drive shafts. What would be the minimal C rating. Does any one have a good battery to recommed, i want to get some more run time aswell.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would run these http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=112
    Play with 2 2s will make it last longer. 6s will do the diffs and axles in unless your easy on the throttle
    Summit axles and shimming your diffs will help
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-04-2013 at 07:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Once I tired Lipos I never went back. I started off at 4S and now I'm at 6S. In the beginning I broke everything on my old 3906 E-Maxx. Since upgrading to the EMBE I've taken all the precautions like shimming the diffs, loosening the slipper, CVDs, RPM insurance package, steel roll cage, etc.

I have 2 x TP 5300mah, 3S, 65C Lipos and take it for high speed runs every weekend. Like 50 said, go easy on the throttle.

RC Competitor
    Can you buy shims for it or is there a thread on how to shim the diffs. If i run 2x 2s or even the 2x 3s will i have to change the gearing from stock.

RC Qualifier

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by revkev91 View Post
    Can you buy shims for it or is there a thread on how to shim the diffs. If i run 2x 2s or even the 2x 3s will i have to change the gearing from stock.
    With 6s and straight speed runs and then check the temps you will get an idea what gearing you will need. If you plan on running the pack down then I would gear down

Shimming is just trial and error. Add a shim assemble add another till too tight and remove one. Add one to the other side do the same. Then the pinion. Just have a good supply and you need to bolt it up not just squeeze it together each time
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-04-2013 at 10:24 PM.