RC Racer

Just bit the bullet and......

Ordered a new Rustler VXL plus a bunch of RPM upgrades. Gotta say im pretty excited to get back into RC! My last vehicle was a 2.5R original revo and was a bit of a nightmare for me to keep running so i decided to keep away from nitro this time. I have a 5800mah 2S 40~80C Lipo Pack here ready for it to arrive!

Now all there is to do is watch the tracking report as it makes it way from USA --> Australia!

RC Champion
    Did you get the RPM front bumper an the a wheelie bar ? Also if you don't hv temp gun if you don't get one and when you can afford a 3s lipo go for it , It's like a Tasmanian devil on steroids .
    Last edited by rhardy60; 02-04-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    Got the RPM front bumper and traxxas wheelie bar, also have a temp gun here. Might get 3s in the future, i think ill have my hands full with 2s for a while....

RC Racer
    Congrats on the purchase mate!, You'll have no end of fun with the Rustler - and with all the things that one can upgrade on them, it's sure to become an addiction! .

I order most of my stuff from A Main in the US of A, where did you get the Rusty if you don't mind me asking?. A Main is pretty good with postage and times, eg under a week most times.

The electric systems have come a long way over the last few years - there is so many to choose from and the power/speed is ridiculous!.
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

RC Racer
    Thanks mate, i did my order from A-Main. I've been really happy with them in the past =)

I really cant wait to get back into RC with this Rustler, very excited!!

RC Racer
    I hear ya Jack! - I buy my batteries locally but yeah everything else from A Main - The CEO of A Main is a fella from Melbourne!
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackpot View Post
    Ordered a new Rustler VXL plus a bunch of RPM upgrades. Gotta say im pretty excited to get back into RC! My last vehicle was a 2.5R original revo and was a bit of a nightmare for me to keep running so i decided to keep away from nitro this time. I have a 5800mah 2S 40~80C Lipo Pack here ready for it to arrive!

Now all there is to do is watch the tracking report as it makes it way from USA --> Australia!
    Convert that thing yto brushless......I can tell u how to mod the stock trans....I did it with my 2.5 t maxx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Well it arrived today and as it was almost dark so i just chucked on the included NiMH on my charger and it charged fully in about an hour. So i give it a quick go in the backyard on short grass and wow........ im very impressed. This thing rips!!! (as if you guys didn't know that already). I cant wait to take it down to the massive industrial complex car parks near my house this weekend and give the 2s lipo a bash!

So glad to be back in this hobby with a brushless vehicle. Good riddance nitro!

EDIT: Loving the RWD too, i used to love that about my mates S-MAXX.

Quote Originally Posted by ppizun69 View Post
    Convert that thing yto brushless......I can tell u how to mod the stock trans....I did it with my 2.5 t maxx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The 2.5R Revo is long gone, can imagine itd be awesome fun as brushless though. Maybe in the future ill get another revo and if i do itll def be electric
    Last edited by jackpot; 02-11-2013 at 02:46 AM.

RC Racer
    I tried nitro, it's ok electric is amazing
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.