RC poster

Unhappy MMM with 3500kv velineon stock motor

Well I smoked my esc today and I have a backup mamba monster esc that I had for my emaxx. Was wondering if it will work with the stock 3500kv motor that comes stock with the slash 4x4.

RC poster
    I forgot to ask if I buy the castle sidewinder sv2 esc will that work and what will top speed be like

RC Champion
    I'd get the water proof sv3 over the sv2. The esc will not determine speed it is gearing, voltage and motor kv.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    Yes the MM will work. It's just overkill.

And +1 on the SV3. No reason to get an SV2 now.

RC poster
    Sorry for this late reply guys and thanks a lot. I didn't know anyone had posted. Anyway from what u guys have told me and my research I think Iam gonna give the sidewinder sct 3800kv motor a try in my slash 4x4. And I'll be putting the sv3 4600kv combo in my merv because the stock vxl 3m esc just stopped working for no reason at all. But I had a talk with castle and they said the slash 4x4 should be fine with the sct 3800kv just don't use 3s or it will fry. And I really wanted to run a 3s every once and a while. I don't want the sct mamba max pro combo because I would still like to use my 2s and 3s. I heard you can run the 3800kv combo in the slash with 3s but u will have to check temps often. Anyone want to comment on this feel free please

Friends don't let friends buy the sidewinder for the Slash 4x4! It is underpowered for the weight of this truck. I would rather rum the Mamba Max! The stock motor wakes up when paired with a Castle esc! It puts out more power. I have heard way to many people complain after buying the sidewinder, I suggest not buying it.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy the sidewinder for the Slash 4x4! It is underpowered for the weight of this truck. I would rather rum the Mamba Max! The stock motor wakes up when paired with a Castle esc! It puts out more power. I have heard way to many people complain after buying the sidewinder, I suggest not buying it.
    +1. If you're going to go castle, spend the little bit of extra dough and get the mamba max pro ESC.

RC poster
    [QUOTE=Jws1982;5413020]+1. If you're going to go castle, spend the little bit of extra dough and get the mamba max pro ESC.[/QUOTE

Dang i just purchased the sct sidewinder 3800kv combo this morning thinking i had no more reply backs. But thx for the advice i'll just try the system out for now. And if it doesnt seem to wanna act right, I'll just throw in the mamba monster esc to run with the stock 3500 motor. Also will i be able to run on single two cell battery with the Mamba Monster or will i have to use two 2s in parallel?

RC Champion
    +2 I had it and sold it cheap after a couple of runs. Underpowered, slightly more torque than stock system. Just a let down though. Replaced it with the MMP 2400 combo and hold on for AWESOME!

RC Champion
    Plus one, the sidewinder is a fire waiting to happen! Been there and done that.
    If you want to run the 3800 do it with a MMP.
    The 3800 system is marginal on a slash 4x4 even with the MMP it must be geared conservatively. With that sidewinder whatever you do DO NOT PUT A 3S PACK IN IT!!!! It will smoke immediately! Even the MMP and the 3800 should not be run on 3s.

Ive been though eveything Castle has to offer and started out with them in el cheapo mode with the sidewinder/3800. Big mistake and wasted $$. IMO the most cost efficient Castle system you can put in that is worthy of the slash 4x4 is the MMP/2400 combo. Anything less is nothing but a battle of cooked components and having to check temps every 2-3 minutes. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

RC Racer
    I've heard so many good things about the MMP 2400 combo on this forum and had one question for all of you out there that have experience with it... If $ was of no concern, would you buy the MMP 2400 combo for a slash 4x4 ultimate LCG or would you spend a little extra and get a Tekin RX8 / T8 2250kv combo.?