RC Enthusiast

So my velineon but the dust...

Title lied, it bit the dust not but. I have a slash 4x4 vxl. I noticed some awful grinding the other day and when I checked it, the shaft was sitting crooked in the motor. I took it apart hoping it was bearings byt the magnet is cracked. Is this a common problem with these motors? If so ill just save up for a mm2 2650kv. That's what's going in it eventually anyway. Is there anything else I would need to hook this motor up in my slash? I know I'm going to break more stuff. I already have rpm arms and bumpers, my next thing is axles. Who makes good axles for bashing? The stockers don't hold up very well on 3s with the velineon, I can just about imagine the carnage with a mm2 on 4s. Any help is appreciated. Also this is my first "real" rc car and I love it, just please don't tell my better half how much I spend on it.
    Last edited by Justabasher; 02-04-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Autocorrect fail

RC Qualifier
    Its a great combo. Mip or tekno make good axles that will hold up. The esc and motor will go right in. You will need to mount your reciever box up front. As far as other stuff to make it hold up, I would suggest an aluminum motor mount, alum bearing adapter and at least the alum slipper pads. You could also use the revo slipper clutch. With all that power, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some alum hexes also or go to 17mm hexes too.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks!! I left some stuff out. I have a king headz mount and a Robinson slipper clutch. I also have the traxxas aluminum hexes. It's what my local hobby guy had and I wasn't putting plastic back on. I might eventually go with some 2.8" wheels and tires also. I know that 1/8th motor will have no problem with that though. And I've heard bad things about the MIPs binding up and the teknos popping out of the cups. That's the main reason I've been hesitant on the axles, at $100-120 a full set I only want to buy once.

RC Racer
    Traxxas now makes axles for the slash that look the same as the ones on the X01, only difference is the slash axles have a 5mm stub axle as opposed to the 6mm stub axles on the X01 set up.. I have a set of X01 axles on my ultimate and a set of Teknos I haven't used yet. Those came with bearing carriers and steering blocks of their own along with the bearings required.. I love the X01 set up on my slash, I'll probably keep those on there until I break them somehow.. I have a Tekin RX8 esc and a 2250kv T8 motor in my slash and its a beast.... If you want the Tekno set up you can get it off ebay for about $75 shipped for both front and rear kits

RC Enthusiast
    What parts do I need to mount this motor/esc? I've seen lately about esc mounting plates and a plate for the motor, who makes good ones? I don't have a LCG chassis, yet. I appreciate any and all input!