RC Champion

17mm Adapters info needed

wassup guys. planning a new project and i'm looking at some wheels that require 17mm adapters??? I've never ventured with the adapters so can someone shed some light on these? i have alotta questions just cant think of them all...

like is there a special tool i need to go along with the adapters?

are they hard to install?

Is there a certain brand that makes the best 17mm adapters?

Do the come in red?

any pros/cons to having the adapters?

any other info i need to know is MUCH APPRECIATED!

RC Enthusiast
    I have the Traxxas 5853x , blue is the only color for these that I can find , STRC have a nice conversion in many colors and with different front axles , as for installation the Traxxas ones are fairly straight forward although the fronts on mine needed to be shimmed and yes I have rustler front axles , they are the best upgrade I have bought , running 1/8 steel belted racing slicks is no comparison to anacondas .... I'm going to convert my off-road bandit to 1/8 buggy wheels and will be going with STRC.

Last edited by iPaint; 02-05-2013 at 02:20 AM.

RC Champion
    I did this on my Rustler and 2 Slashes and they worked fine. I have 3 different manufacturers and they all work basically the same way. It opens up a whole new world of wheels and tires for your cars. Yes, I have seen red ones but I have a set of Traxxas blue and the other two are gunmetal "natural" color. The only tools needed where a 3mm Allen driver to lock down the middle axle nut and a 17mm wheel wrench.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by iPaint View Post
    I have the Traxxas 5853x , blue is the only color for these that I can find , STRC have a nice conversion in many colors and with different front axles , as for installation the Traxxas ones are fairly straight forward although the fronts on mine needed to be shimmed and yes I have rustler front axles , they are the best upgrade I have bought , running 1/8 steel belted racing slicks is no comparison to anacondas .... I'm going to convert my off-road bandit to 1/8 buggy wheels and will be going with STRC.

Those look like the same Ofna slicks I run on my Rustler and Slashes... Great tires!
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3