Thread: On-road bashing

RC Racer

On-road bashing

Is the xo-1 a good car for on-road bashing, say in a small parking lot, or street? I am trying to decide if i want to get an xo-1 or higly modify my traxxas rally for on-road.

RC Qualifier
    You have an extra 700-1000 laying around sure. The xo-1 can be a great parking lot basher I would say, but for the price why not just upgrade your rally to make it more on-road worthy, someone else just did this has a vid hungry something or another, killer setup he has for the rally and it looks like it is pretty fast with the MMM/2200 setup in it. Look over in the rally section and you will see it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    I just don't see spending that kind of jack to bash up a car that beautiful...my $.02
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    For what I have planned with the rally, I would be close in price to the xo-1.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by roachtron View Post
    For what I have planned with the rally, I would be close in price to the xo-1.
    But...it's so beautiful!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    There isn't anything you could do to the rally cheaply enough to make it anywhere as capable at on road bashing as an xo-1. And when you want a break from bashing clean her up and shoot for 100mph, which wouldn't happen with the rally.

RC Racer
    I wasn't really planning on doing it cheaply, after adding it all up I would be right around the price of the xo-1. How does the xo-1 handle at lower speeds, and what is the durability like? For instance would it handle a crash a few curb bounces at 20-30 mph?

RC Racer
    Not sure what qualifies as slower but heres a video of me messin around on a small street with it right out of the box. Second half has more light bashing

As far as durability...In the end they're both made from the same plastic.
    Last edited by powers; 02-04-2013 at 08:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    As said above, you can get a brand new XO-1 under $780 now, so there is no way you will have as much on road fun with that Rally for the price. Buy a Rally for some off roading, but for the full on road experience without the headache of building a car that "might" perform almost as well as an XO-1 just buy an XO-1. If I buy a Rally it will be just to leave stock and mess around on dirty rougher pavement at snail speeds. The difference is looking forward to playing with your Rally on the weekend versus getting upset that each work day is cutting away eight hours of your daily XO-1 driving experience. Check out this video of parking lot racing with the XO-1 on a slow setting:

Oh and as far as bouncing off a curb at 20 -30? I have bounced off one at 85 mph and I had to replace less than $25 of parts. I have flipped the car multiple times above 50 mph and the car keeps on ticking. The original body has its share of war scars, but what other RC doesn't that has slid 30+ feet down the road?

And look how good the car looks and sounds at 50 mph! Rally that!

Last edited by bringit; 02-04-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roachtron View Post
    I wasn't really planning on doing it cheaply, after adding it all up I would be right around the price of the xo-1. How does the xo-1 handle at lower speeds, and what is the durability like? For instance would it handle a crash a few curb bounces at 20-30 mph?
    just exactly how much do you want to spend? if you have the $$ to buy the XO-1 by all means do it. I got alot of respect with all XO-1 owners and i'm not trying to start a war here but, i did my build not to compete with XO-1 but the fun of doing it some of us like to build from scratch. my Rally is XO-1 ready but, i'll leave it that way for now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNNFXmPpqLw
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-04-2013 at 10:23 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    I am not trying to start a war of any kinda either, just struggling to make up my mind. I was looking into doing a similar build to yours, about every upgrade part you can get for the rally, plus the xo-1 parts. 2 sets of supra sales tires, pf8 body, and a mmp 2400kv. I am looking at around $700 for all that. I am sure I would enjoy building it, but still I am stuck. So does the xo-1 have trouble on rough pavement?

RC Qualifier
    There is one on ebay for $750 shipped BNIB right now. Pull the trigger!
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    I am tempted but I don't like blue

RC Qualifier
    Now there is a black one NIB for $725! That's an awesome price!
    XO-1 #4...

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    just exactly how much do you want to spend? if you have the $$ to buy the XO-1 by all means do it. I got alot of respect with all XO-1 owners and i'm not trying to start a war here but, i did my build not to compete with XO-1 but the fun of doing it some of us like to build from scratch. my Rally is XO-1 ready but, i'll leave it that way for now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNNFXmPpqLw
    I hear that mate...some of us just like to build and customise our own rigs....
    Rock n Rolla !