RC Qualifier

Backyard Track and TTC Course

So, I asked my parents if I could build a track in pasture and they said yes. I only get so much room to build though, so I am going to try and build this track I made on the PC. I also want to either form around the Track a TTC Course or build it down at my Grandparent's River. Here is a mark up of the track design I made. The stand for the guys driving is the dark squares with x marks through them. I have yet to decide where the jumps are going to go though.
    Last edited by Jacob Chandler; 01-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    Pretty sweet, kid!! My local RC track has tabletops, whoop-de-dos and double jumps.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Ok. This think is gonna take be forever to build though before I can get my Grandpa over here with his tractor. Where to find the dirt for jumps though... I will take care of that later. Lol
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    It doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be FUN.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Enthusiast
    I have been thinking of building a track that incorporates rock crawling areas as well as some speedy stuff. But having the crawly stuff as wings or optional routes.
    I'm curious about what some good setups might be. There aren't any tracks around here that I am aware of (north central ky) that I can go look at. My Internet sucks so YouTube and video links won't always work. Can anyone post some pics and ideas?

RC Enthusiast
    Oh yea, I have pasture, both creek bottom and hillside as well as 2 tractors with front end loaders, one with a backhoe. (Kubota L3200 and kubota m95s)

RC Qualifier
    Great project I bet your racing skills will be second to none once done.

What do you plan to use as a driver's stand? And what surface is it?

Sent from my CM10 Android device using Tapatalk 2

Nice, I hope you have fun building it and using it! Make sure you don't make the turns too sharp, it's no fun having your car fly off the track!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    I am also stoked because when I get a little more money, I am going to be buying the Slash 4x4 Platinum or Ultimate. Haven't decided yet, but half the money is coming from my old 2wd slash I am selling.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

I am going to be buying the Slash 4x4 Platinum or Ultimate.
    Oh ok, LOL. I thought you where planning on using your Summit on the track! I use mine on my track, and it's by no means good at it, or meant for it. Is it fun? Yes. Is is funny to watch that massive thing drift into turns? YES! Either way, good luck.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    I would use a Slash and my Summit. See who win...Summit would because it would just littereally run over the thing.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    I think that you have too many straight sections you should try to over lap the track so one part of the track jumps the other.
    my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    I tried that, but since this is the first track I am making, I am gonna go simple. I am either going to put big air jumps on the straits, or I am going to put whoops or an obstacle in there.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    I agree with VW. Maybe try something like at Meldrum Bar park. Take a day trip down when it dries out a little, best part is that it's a municipal park so no fees.

It's in Gladstone.
    Last edited by slowenuff; 01-30-2013 at 12:03 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I would try to build my track better, but like I said, it is my first time so I am going to make it easier for me to build. Maybe when I can actually drive and haul my own equipment I will make a better one, but for now I can only work with what I got.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

I like the long straights and the 90 degree turns at the end, it is always fun to incorporate speed into a track!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Got the supplies to make the TTC Course. Pics on the way tomorrow after school!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit