RC poster

issue with mamba max pro 4600kv in rustler

Ok i just installed this thing and i am getting like a small punch at low speeds. like for example, if i am giving it 10% throttle, it will start moving and then jump into a slightly higher speed. I am running 1.26

Might be your slipper clutch doing its work. If you want to get rid of it, slightly tightening it would solve it.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Newport Or. Over looking the beautiful bay
    If you have your start power setting in the ESC set to low it will also do that. Not sure where your is at so it's just a thought

My Emaxx and both Rustlers do the same thing. If you try to just ease into the throttle a little from a stop it will start to roll then jump a bit as your describing.
    FLM E-MAXX 3908 6s
    Rustler VXL x 2 MMP SCT 3800

RC Qualifier
    My rustler does the same thing with a mamba max pro and a 3800kv. I called Castle creations and they told me it was because I am running the stock transmitter. I don't quite believe that is the problem, but what other recourse do we have?
    Sweatin' the SMALL stuff!

RC Qualifier
    Newport Or. Over looking the beautiful bay
    I'm not bothered by it at all really, but I do know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by smplgy65; 03-28-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    FLM E-MAXX 3908 6s
    Rustler VXL x 2 MMP SCT 3800

RC poster
    I also have a mamba monster for my emaxx brushless that would do this also until i downgraded it to firmware 1.24 and it was gone. the mamba max pro on 1.24 still does it so i put it back to 1.26 and i will live with it..

RC Competitor
    My rustler does that and I have a 5700kv with a 3s lipo and when I try to walk next to it I have to tap the throttle so it won't take off, My stampede 4x4 doesn't jump like my rustler thats why I like running with my stampede better
    Yep still not fast enough. :)

RC Champion
    Tell us if you figure out what the problem was I would also like to know.

RC poster
    I know this post is old but, Try putting the firmware to version 1.21, it got rid of that first initial (jump) for me