RC Enthusiast

Wheel and tire clarity for traxxas rustler PLEASE

Alright I see all these different things to widen yur wheels and it also says increase the amount of choices of wheels you can choose from. Now is that choice a good idea or not because it also says it widens wheel base and how exactly do you put these on and after that what kind of wheels can you put on. Another issue I have it seems like every time I look at wheel/tire combo it seems they always have rear ones not front sets very much. One more thing I want to race SC I was hoping someone could give me some choices of wheel combinations please?????

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    On the rustler the fronts wheels have more offset than rears, most cars have the same offset front and rear, that's why there is no too many options. Rusty is considered a stadium truck, I don't think you can race with it on a SC class.

You can race short course with the strc lcg kit
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    And as far changing the wheels I heard if you add some extender it will give you more choices of wheels do you guys know of one thanks for the info so far

RC Enthusiast
    Are you gonna be racing? if not then you absolutley go bigger in wheel size. I have Pro-Line 2.8" Trenchers for my rustler and it is one of the best upgrades I have done so far. They fit perfectly and do not affect the steering radius, yet they are bigger which means slight speed improvement, and the traction is INCREDIBLE compared to the stock Alias tires. I can drive in the snow and still have plenty of traction. I would highly recommend making the switch to 2.8" tires because you have so many more options.

RC poster
    Most likely not the best set up for racing, but I just put Proline 2.8 trenchers on my Rustler. And it's just ******* awesome, traction is incredible, and it drives like a monster truck. My usual driving area is very loose and dry, so with the brushless power it's a chore driving straight and not just spinning the wheels all over the place. With the trenchers it is night and day difference, I'm loving it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moocksgoinfast View Post
    And as far changing the wheels I heard if you add some extender it will give you more choices of wheels do you guys know of one thanks for the info so far
    extenders will give you more stability, wheels options are the same, btw you can run slash tires or sct on it, but like said before fronts has diff offset, so you have to play with it. Another option is to put 17mm adapters, and run buggy tires.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 02-04-2013 at 09:09 PM.

You can also put front tires on the rear to widen it a bit for bashing. And you can use 2 pairs of front 17mm adapters to add more width to the rear... There are lots of easy ways to widen the rear but not as many for the front.

As mentioned kdvanb above, you can add the STRC lcg kit to your Rustly which will lengthen it to match the SC Slash. You'll then need a new lid and tires to enter the SC class.

But then with the modification, they will want you to run in the Mod class and you'll have to make more upgrades to keep up. It's an expensive, vicious cycle.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...