Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    hi there mate!! I put back my MMM/2200 on my Rally GT8 today and my motor temp stays at 140-145 degrees geared it 20t/36t, my ESC didn't come on either within 5mins of running.
    Hey mate...did you measure those temps with a temp gun. Mine geared at 21/36 MOD1 was hot to touch. I changed to 19/36 MOD1 and it wasn't much better, I wanted to take my finger off immediately it was still so hot. I ran 19/40 MOD1 today and my motor only got to 46C.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Hey mate...did you measure those temps with a temp gun. Mine geared at 21/36 MOD1 was hot to touch. I changed to 19/36 MOD1 and it wasn't much better, I wanted to take my finger off immediately it was still so hot. I ran 19/40 MOD1 today and my motor only got to 46C.
    yeah I finally got a 9v battery for my temp gun lol, so I got to use it again.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    I never get bored reading your build-up man!

Keep up the good work!
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    I never get bored reading your build-up man!

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks mate...I appreciate the feedback .
    Rock n Rolla !

Not much to add...I haven't got around to making another video yet of my Rally in action as I haven't had any one to film me..hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll get around to it.

I haven't changed any settings, still the same as above. I have been running MOD1 19/40, and with it been winter here my temps are reaching a max of 75*C with hard running. I have ordered myself a 17 & 18 MOD1 pinion. I am going to try running 18/38 and see how that affects my temps...I ideally want my motor temps between 60 - 66*C.

This rig is really quick on 4s...it has crazy acceleration, makes it difficult taking it for a burn in the road outside my house as the streets here are really narrow and not long enough. I might head out to an Industrial area sometime where the streets are wider and quieter to give this rig a good top end burn. I also at some stage will head to one of the local RC Car tracks and see how rig handles on a street course.
    Rock n Rolla !

I got a new vid I made that I wanted to share with all...this is of my eRevo at one of our local bash spots...We filmed the video from my mates quadcopter with a GoPro attached. This is still a work in progress as we are trying to find our GROOVE with each other. The more we do this I am sure the better we will become at filming and getting better shots of our rigs in action.

I hope to get one with the Rally soon .

Rock n Rolla !

Cool 26/05/2013 06:45am

<<New Rally PF8-GT VID>>

Well guys, here is my new Rally vid...sorry it has taken so long to get some footage of my rig in action. I am still running MOD1 19/40 here. Temps reached as high as 75*C today...I think I will be looking to change this to 18/38 and see how we go with temps.

This was shot this morning around 06:45am...a beautiful morning again today. I will try get som footage with the quad copter at sometime

Rock n Rolla !

glad to see your running that car again mate, looks good!!

RC Qualifier
    Video came out nicely mate. Your rig is going well there. Well done on another build well done
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome video, awesome rally, there's nothing that isn't awesome about your build. Wonderful job. And glad to see it isn't sitting on a shelf lol.

glad to see your running that car again mate, looks good!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Video came out nicely mate. Your rig is going well there. Well done on another build well done
    Thanks guys...I'm really enjoying this rig again. So much fun just have a 25min bash speed, powerslide session .
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Awesome video, awesome rally, there's nothing that isn't awesome about your build. Wonderful job. And glad to see it isn't sitting on a shelf lol.
    Thanks mate...I appreciate your feedback. I am really enjoying the brute power of my Rally PF8-GT on the MM2 2200kV combo running 4s.

I am a little disappointed in the Protoform body. I have had a few side impacts which I thought weren't to bad, but because the body is so thin that the rear end of car is quite badly cracked in number of places and is now held together with shoe goo. I have a spare Protoform PF8-GT body on hand when this one is done .
    Last edited by MITCH316; 05-27-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Rock n Rolla !

I had the Rally out for a burn today...just in the street outside my house. I changed my gearing Friday night, I swapped my 19T Mod1 pinion for an 18T Mod1...man this beast has some grunt now and a bit more peaky under acceleration...I like it .

My current gearing is 18/40 Mod1...my temps are still getting way to hot for my liking...I think I am gonna make some vent holes in the front and rear windscreen and see if that has any impact on motor temps. Today my motor was getting to 80*C with heavy acceleration drifting around and burning some speed runs up and down the road.

I forgot what a blast this rig of mine is to have a bit of fun with...looking forward to tomorrows burn session. I will try get some video footage some time of my rig running with the new gearing.
    Rock n Rolla !

still got that heat issue? mine geared at 20t/38t and my temp gun on my motor 140 while the ESC 120 but the ESC fan is on already. this run was at the parking lot going around circle (just having a blast) for about 10 mins.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Competitor
    Hi Mitch I really enjoy reading your builds. I don't know if it is just me or what but for some reason none of your photos on this build work anymore. It makes it kind of hard to follow without the photos working. Is anyone else having this problem?

still got that heat issue? mine geared at 20t/38t and my temp gun on my motor 140 while the ESC 120 but the ESC fan is on already. this run was at the parking lot going around circle (just having a blast) for about 10 mins.
    I've still got the heat issues...I think its the way I use my rig. A lot of start stop and braking action with a heavy throttle finger . I haven't used any of my rigs for about a month now, it's been raining every weekend...Brisbane has seen a lot of rain this year. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will start to clear up.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by Salameth View Post
    Hi Mitch I really enjoy reading your builds. I don't know if it is just me or what but for some reason none of your photos on this build work anymore. It makes it kind of hard to follow without the photos working. Is anyone else having this problem?
    How you going mate? My PhotoBucket accounts free bandwidth allocation has been used up for the month. It will reset itself in another 7 days where the photos will be available to view again. I need to buy a subscription as this is the 2nd time it has happened...I hope that helps mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    How you going mate? My PhotoBucket accounts free bandwidth allocation has been used up for the month. It will reset itself in another 7 days where the photos will be available to view again. I need to buy a subscription as this is the 2nd time it has happened...I hope that helps mate.
    Doing good. I understand now. I guess that is the price you pay for having such popular builds. I can wait 7 days until it resets. Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salameth View Post
    Doing good. I understand now. I guess that is the price you pay for having such popular builds. I can wait 7 days until it resets. Thanks for the explanation.
    Thanks for the feedback mate...I bought a subscription so pics should be visible now .
    Last edited by MITCH316; 07-28-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Well mate, I thought I had it all figured out until you mentioned this to me. You are right, there is not much travel when you push the body down...the wheels touch the body almost immediately.

I have had to re look at this . I thought when I bought the XO-1 wheels that they were the same diameter as yours. Well it just goes to show that I am always learning something new.

Most 1/8 buggy tyres are 110mm in diameter as is the XO-1. When I looked at Suprasales wheels on eBay they are classed as 1/8 Buggy wheels so I naturally assumed they were 110mm in diameter until Humayray pointed out to me that they are 96mm in Diameter.

It didn't justify me to buy from Suprasales as his wheels were $23 for a set and postage to Australia $40.

I was back to google with countless hours of searching...I felt stupid when I came across this...I wasn't aware that tyres also have a 1/8 GT class which is between 96mm to 102mm in diameter.

This is the direction I have now progressed my Rally build.

Here are the XO-1 wheels I bought for my build...they are the XO-1 #6479 front wheels all round.
    =====

=====
    =====
    After my research I settled on these and got myself a set of Sweep Racing 55E #SWPS40155EK6P.

I have gone for the 55 compound tyre as living in Brisbane it is hot just about all year round.
    =====

=====
    =====
    Here is comparison of the XO-1 (110mm diameter) vs the Sweep Racing GT wheels (102mm diameter). It is quiet a significant difference when compared to each other.
    =====

=====
    =====
    Just a comparison of how it looks on my Rally.
    =====

Description
    Our hardest compound GT tire for hot and sticky tracks.

Note for Electric powered GT racers:
    Our GT tires is designed for Nitro Powered GTs in mind, even thought some racers had great success with our tires on their "Insane Speed" runs with 2S-6S Lipo/Brusheless Motor equipped machines but we do not recommend our tires for that kind of racing or nor warranty or guarantees of any kinds for that matters. our tires are designed for "Circuit Racing" where Lap times are most important.

Our Rubber selection
    GT: Made out of Natural virgin rubber, great for VHT, Sugar coated tracks.(one color dot)
    EXP: Made out of Synthetic rubber, most traction, longer lasting.(two color dots)

Slick VS Treaded
    Slick: Made for commercial track or even smooth surface.
    Treaded: Made for uneven surface such as parking lots.

Shore Rating recommendation:
    40 Green dot/Ultra Soft compound: Cold weather.
    45 Blue dot/Soft compound: Cool Weather.
    50 Red dot/Medium compound: Hot weather.
    55 Gold dot/Hard compound: Sizzling weather.
    i was going to buy a set of XO-1 wheels too...but now that i see the difference...i probably won't...i have sweeps too...and i love them, it's just that they are pricey...i have a set of foams and a set of rubber...i notice that the set of foams do not balloon...whereas the rubber does...go figure...

RC Qualifier
    btw...love this build...and in ur usual fashion...always very informative and full of verbal description along with pictures...keep up the good work...i know u've spent lots of time on these posts...and just want to let u know that i really do appreciate it....thanks...

thinking of getting a slash and putting an lcg chassis on it...i might think about doing a two for one trade...two slash (one stock unopen box and one used with some mod) for my one e-revo (i still have my revo-e that i'll never get rid of)....what do u think...good deal?

RC Enthusiast
    Great build, great organization, great thread. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    btw...love this build...and in ur usual fashion...always very informative and full of verbal description along with pictures...keep up the good work...i know u've spent lots of time on these posts...and just want to let u know that i really do appreciate it....thanks...

thinking of getting a slash and putting an lcg chassis on it...i might think about doing a two for one trade...two slash (one stock unopen box and one used with some mod) for my one e-revo (i still have my revo-e that i'll never get rid of)....what do u think...good deal?
    Thanks for the feedback mate...I appreciate it . Sounds like a good deal...2 for 1, I am busy building myself a Slash at the moment...I am making it into a mini 1/10 scale monster truck. I have a build thread going in the Slash 4x4 forum. I haven't really progressed it much...I am still waiting for some parts I need to complete. I really do enjoy giving this rig a good burn every now and then.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
    Great build, great organization, great thread. Thank you so much for sharing with us!
    You're welcome mate..Thanks for the feedback .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Carnage Round 2

Well guys, I have had no luck with this rig the last couple weekends.

On Sunday 4 August I went down to the local track for a bash with my eRevo...I took my Rally with as there is a drag strip to burn the Rally on. 10 min into my run I lost it drifting and slammed my Rally into the fence. It hit it with such force that the wheel got totally wedged and bent out of shape from the impact. Split the body at the rear by the wing...it is now shoe goo'd back together. I ended up having to remove the wheel to get the Rally loose.

On Sunday 11 August at the same place...not even 4 min into a battery run with half throttle I decided to burn the Rally a bit...What do you know? Upon full throttling the Rally for some reason spun out and hit the fence.

This time I broke the front left arm and wrecked my body even more, with the lexan as thin as what it is with the Protoform body, it hasn't lasted as long as what I would of liked. It probably will be time for a replacement body soon if I have any more of these collisions...Post #223 for original frontal impact carnage.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    While I was at it I finally got around to replacing the foam bumper from the original accident from post #223...again, this is the XO-1 foam bumper I am using.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    This came out better than my first attempt at profiling and trimming to suit for the Rally GT8 build.
    =====
    =====
    Last edited by MITCH316; 08-14-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    love the carnage pics btw...i broke my slash in a similar manner (cracked front bulkhead in two pieces)...

RC Qualifier
    quoting this so that I don't have to go searching for it again...

just a quick question for u mitch...have u tried the other optional tranny for the slash, the one without the slipper clucth?...i know it doesn't use mod 1 gears and so...i was just curious if u were able to fit some mod 1 spurs on it...or do they make some mod 1 gears for it and i just can't find it?

I have decided to run a double slipper that is for the eRevo on this build...I don't know how well it work but my thinking is that the MMM powers an eRevo very well...I thought that the stock slipper was a wee bit on the small side for my liking powering the MMM 2200kv combo.

I am using graphite slipper pads on this slipper assembly...I have never used them before or have heard much about them either. They look good tho...I'm hoping with the 2200kv motor that this slipper assembly will work like a treat.

Parts needed for the Slipper assembly:
    1 x Hot Racing Power Double Up Slipper System Large #TRX15GP
    2 x Graphite Slipper Clutch Kit #TRX15GS

Hot Racing Power Double Up Slipper System.

=====
    =====
    Here is the opposite side for reference.

=====
    =====
    Graphite Slipper Clutch Kit.

=====
    =====
    Here is a comparison of the stock slipper to the Hot Racing power double up slipper...I took the wear plate (slipper disk) from a brand new eRevo slipper clutch rebuild kit #5352R I had lying around.

=====
    =====
    And here assembled with the graphite slipper pads.

=====
    =====
    I had to replace the 2mm pin as it was too short...I used one of the pins that I got with my Tekno CVD kit as it was the right length that I was after.

=====
    =====
    I also used the second hole on the input shaft.

=====
    =====
    Remember when assembling that the spur gear # faces outward as seen below.

=====
    =====
    Here is a side view of the slipper assembled.

TRX15GP Power Double Up Slipper System Large

This is a Power Double Up Slipper Pressure Plate and Slipper Hub for the Revo, T-Maxx Summit, Long Chassis e-maxx, 4x4 Slash Etc.
    These are a part of the slipper assembly.
    FEATURES:

CNC Aluminum construction with Hard Anodizing.
    Allows you to double up the slipper surface to increase power transfer.
    YOU WILL RECEIVE:

One slipper pressure plate
    One slipper hub
    REQUIREMENTS:

Installation onto vehicle.
    COMMENTS:

This replaces TRA5351
    NOTE:

For double the slipper surface order 2 sets of TRA5352X, TRX15HS, or TRX15GS

RC Champion
    Nice thread, Looks like lots of good info here, so I'll need to get caught up, Thanks!

Is the chassis mod really required to mount the 1515 or 1512 motor? Not a big deal but I would have thought they would fit with no mods. I'm planning on using the 1512.

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    quoting this so that I don't have to go searching for it again...

just a quick question for u mitch...have u tried the other optional tranny for the slash, the one without the slipper clucth?...i know it doesn't use mod 1 gears and so...i was just curious if u were able to fit some mod 1 spurs on it...or do they make some mod 1 gears for it and i just can't find it?
    I was going to use a center diff on my slash build but since both these rigs are running 4s I decided against it as its probably to much power for the center diff...you are right, cant fit MOD 1 gears on the center diff and I never explored the option of trying to fit them either.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Nice thread, Looks like lots of good info here, so I'll need to get caught up, Thanks!

Is the chassis mod really required to mount the 1515 or 1512 motor? Not a big deal but I would have thought they would fit with no mods. I'm planning on using the 1512.
    Sorry for the late reply...I haven't checked on this thread in ages. The mod is not really necessary, you could get away without depending on the gearing you go for...I did so there was some clearing around the motor housing.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,
    Can I ask a couple of questions
    1-What a combo you're currently using?
    2-What batteries?(4s,6s,capacity,)
    3-At what speed running? to (21/36, 19/38, 18/40)

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzzz View Post
    Hi,
    Can I ask a couple of questions
    1-What a combo you're currently using?
    2-What batteries?(4s,6s,capacity,)
    3-At what speed running? to (21/36, 19/38, 18/40)
    How you going mate?

1. I am running a Mamba Monster 2 with a 2200kv motor...same combo as me eRevo.
    2. I run a single 4s in here but is capable of running 6s...I find 4s more than enough for this rig .
    3. I am currently geared at 18/40 MOD 1 gearing

Not so fast on top end but fast enough for me as I like to through the Rally into a drift a lot. The current gearing has a lot of torque and quick acceleration which is what I was wanting.

Hope that helps mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

These ProTrac arms are crap...these arms are no good for a bashing truck...this is from my Slash. I broke 2 arms in 2 days and have now upgraded these to RPM on my Slash. So far I have broken 4 in total (2 on my Rally and 2 on my Slash)...always in the same place. This is clearly the weakness in these arms.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====
    As nice as what these arms are for the extra length their durability for bashing are no good...I will just continue to use them on my Rally for street, as long as you are not colliding with any thing they hold up well.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    These ProTrac arms are crap...these arms are no good for a bashing truck...this is from my Slash. I broke 2 arms in 2 days and have now upgraded these to RPM on my Slash. So far I have broken 4 in total (2 on my Rally and 2 on my Slash)...always in the same place. This is clearly the weakness in these arms.

As nice as what these arms are for the extra length their durability for bashing are no good...I will just continue to use them on my Rally for street, as long as you are not colliding with any thing they hold up well.
    Good to know! I plan on using them for my Rally to GT8 conversion. However may look at getting the TRCE Aluminum wide track arms.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Good to know! I plan on using them for my Rally to GT8 conversion. However may look at getting the TRCE Aluminum wide track arms.
    Let me know if you come right with Team RCE wide tracks...their website says they have been out of stock for who knows how long...I have been after them since January this year; the Team RCE long arms (SKU SL44-LARM) were what I was originally after when I built both these trucks but only seem to have standard length in stock.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Let me know if you come right with Team RCE wide tracks...their website says they have been out of stock for who knows how long...I have been after them since January this year; the Team RCE long arms (SKU SL44-LARM) were what I was originally after when I built both these trucks but only seem to have standard length in stock.
    I didn't know they were out of stock that long... I've been watching with no stock, I've also been watching for a complete conversion kit..

Time to blow the dust off and give my rally a good burn...its been a while. I need to put a new rear arm on as I took it for a spare last year to use on my SL4SH xlMT.

After breaking a good few of these Pro-Trac arms on my SL4SH xlMT...I haave decided to run RPM arms on the SL4SH and keep the Pro-Trac for the Rally.

Hopefully I will get out in the next couple weeks and get 2 battery packs through the Rally and maybe the SL4SH too if I put the RPM arms and new dog bones on.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Nice to hear from ya Mitch.