RC Qualifier

Cracked mip 12mm hex

I cracked a 12mm mip hex when I was tightening the set screw. They are two weeks old and I'm burned I didn't o tekno.

RC Champion
    Havent seen the Hexes but if they crack when tightening the set screw the usually means cheap cast metal.

When you tightened the grub screw? Call Matt at Mip and he will replace it for free. Every now and then you will get a less than quality piece. If it was the grub screw, you don't need to tighten it too hard. You should use loctite to hold it in place. Mip's are great, you made a good choice!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I thought they were supposed to be hardened steel? I hope this isn't a precursor to what is ahead bad thing happen in threes, so far, trouble with install 1'. Cracked hex 2. I wonder what 3 will be. So far I'm not impressed by mip I will call Matt at mip, but things like this shouldn't happen

You have to remember that hardened steel is very hard but once it gets to a point it wont stretch like regular steel, it breaks. Its not impervious to everything. It is very strong but ....
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    I wasn't too happy with my MIP axles either.. Since then I've acquired a set of X01 axles that I currently use (traxxas makes the same set for the slash now) and I have a set of Tekno's which seem really sturdy, haven't tried those out yet. I bought those because I wanted to use my HR 17mm hexes which fit a 5mm stub axle and the teknos are a 6mm. no go so far on the HR 17mm hex hubs which I now regret purchasing.

RC Champion
    I dont think the hexes are hardened steel, they are aluminum