RC Qualifier

Finally ran the Rally at the track...Results?

So finally got the Rally to a track (1/8 track).

It kicked butt!!! Lots of fun, and I was turning really good laps. Actually preferred running the Rally to my 1/8 e buggy!

The down? Not much really, other than some abuse to the body lol.

I really enjoyed the Rally, and could actually give 1/8 nitro and ebuggies some competition Everyone was surprised at how well the Rally handled, especially with a stock setup. Only changes to the Rally: Vapor Pro esc (same as castle sv3), castle 3800 motor (stock gearing, 13t pinion), aluminum shock caps, JC overtray, 17mm adapters, JC Rulux wheels with ProLIne Knuckles and the aluminum bearing carrier for the slipper. Otherwise, out of box stock on a 2s lipo.

Great speed and handling, jumped very well. Great runtime too, I was using a 6500mah 2s lipo. I am still considering the Slash bumpers and body due to the extra clearance from the front bumpers, but I was really impressed with the Rally. The body was great too lol, due to the rounded shape, it almost always rolled back onto the wheels if it flipped
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    sounds like your having lots of fun!! great to know your kicking e buggy's behind lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I was actually quite surprised the Rally handled the track so well, especially with no suspension tuning. The overall reaction was very positive from everyone, and I let a few people turn some laps to get a feel for it. Hopefully that will help spark interest and get a Rally class going.

Even though a well sorted 1/8 buggy with a good driver will be beyond what I could do with the Rally, I was giving them a run and passing lots of SCT's Most of all, I had more FUN with the Rally!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    nothing like a experienced buggy driver testing a new class of breed "rally 1/10" i could only imagine what other SCT driver's reactions on their faces after loosing to a rally 1/10 hahahaha.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Enthusiast
    badaml, I put the slash bumper on miine as well left the car body though. It looks a little goofy as the front body post for the slash are too tall. so it sits up a little high, but its not THAT bad.
    I hope to hit the track this week to see if that helps a lot.
    I also raised up the car by moving the shocks in a bit. and threaded down the shocks. driving down the street, i dont care for the way it handles now. :-( might have to change that back.

Last edited by speeddemon32; 02-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I wish they made a different bumper, kind of like a slash bumper but one that fit underneath the body. The foam definitely gets torn up on off road tracks.