RC poster

Fully submerged jato 3.3 what's my next step?

OKay, so I screwed up, Jato 3.3 bounced wrong and ended up in a creek by myhouse. upsidedown. fully submerged. Needless to say, I FREAKED. Got this truck three weeks ago and love the CRAP out of it. Best RC car I've ever owned. I brought it home, cleaned out the motor, blew out as much water as I could, opened the transmitter box and blew it out and then set it all in front of a fan for a while. Came outside, reassembled. Flipped the on switch, wouldnt work. I figured for sure the transmitter was blown. Turned it off then back on again. Bam, front wheels jerk. Takes a bit but I got the motor started, ran it a bit to blow any reside out, the throttle works flawlessly, revs out like it should and apply brake no problem. The sterring however is another story. Its pegged to the left. when I turn right on the wheel it brings the wheels straight but no further. Transmitter problem or Steerring servo? What u guys think? I'm hoping that after a while itll fully dryout (I'm impatient) and itll go back to normal, but who knows. Any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    Take the front end off, and see if the servo is moving normally.

If it's not, switch the plugs around with the throttle servo. Does it still work incorrectly?

Easiest way to test it.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, you could have done some other damage and not just moisture. Check the front end servo without load and be sure the transmitter is really dry. Maybe soak it in rice over night to draw out the rest of the moisture and see what happens in the am. I run mine in moist weather all the time and it is fine but it has never taken a dip either.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC poster
    After sitting overnight I powered it up and the wheels are behaving normally again. BUT, I get ALOT more turn left than turn right. Is that just a setting I can adjust somewhere?

RC Champion
    I would pull the servo apart and see if you stripped a gear or it jumped teeth. could still be wet in the bottom of the servo or receiver. if you disconnect the servo from the steering linkage and everything moves in the front end manually like it should, I would look at the servo. never know whats going on inside there - its got a circuit board in the servo too.

Reset the servo, center it, make sure its travel is corrected before installing it in the car.

Good luck

RC Racer
    Next time get a bottle of CRC electric spray cleaner at Walmart and spray the electrics outs... Works wonders ;-)