RC Enthusiast

replacment servo's

hi
    my throttle servo has started to stutter and ive already gone through a steering servo and the reverse servo so i was wondering what is a good replacement for the throttle servo? and a good servo for a single servo conversion?

RC Champion
    Savox sc-0251 is an excellent servo for steering. One will be all you need.
    For Throttle look for a servo that is very fast and has good response time. The throttle one doesn't really need to be metal geared.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    I have a savox 1256tg in mine. and i love it now im just tryin to find a good throttle servo to go to.

RC poster
    I have a savox 1258tg that I am using for throttle. Haven't run it yet, but like the fast response time. Also have a 1256tg for steering and it was worth it.

RC Enthusiast
    how about the Savox SC-0251? much easier on my wallet

RC Competitor
    ^^the 0251 will work great i have one in my maxx and it really improved the steering and for the price you cant beat it
    i've just installed a sa-1231 on my revo just waiting to take her for a run

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pwd_dan View Post
    how about the Savox SC-0251? much easier on my wallet
    Thats the one I recommended.
    Its a great servo and has a lot of power. Its 222 oz inches.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    i use a hitec 645 mg works well i dont see the point in putting a 222oz servo in unless its for steering slight overkill if u ask me but evry1 has they preferances

RC Competitor
    never had much luck with hitec servos
    if you have a newer revo which has 2x2075 servos for the steering thats 250 oz of torque so the savox servo would be a good choice if you didnt want to spend close to $80 on one servo

RC Enthusiast
    haha yeah sorry, should learn to read posts more carefully, on a side note, which servo arms will work with savox servos?
    i want to get an aluminium one mainly for looks.

RC Racer
    u want steering or throttle servos? st racing do a nice single steering arm http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...de=SPTSTP6037R

RC Enthusiast
    both actually, my steering servos are working fine, for now but I've already had to replace 1 and my throttle servo is on the way out i think, and ive probably only ran about 10 tanks through it, so i figured id upgrade them all now with better quality ones.

RC Racer
    i just put hitec 645mg in for my throttle working good not had any issues and it cost like 30 bux it was a direct fit and didnt have to worry about changing servo horns either i dont know if savox are the same also are u going single servo for steering or u sticking with double servo?

RC Enthusiast
    i was planning to go single servo, less to go wrong and less to buy, what sort of horn will i need to get for the throttle?

RC Competitor
    savox is 25 spline like the stock and futaba,hitec is like 24 spline,while it fits it will eventally strip the horn/servosaver

RC Racer
    THE BESTY STEERING SERVO IS THE FUTABA BRUSHLESS SERVO HANDS DOWN...but the catch is its expensive