RC Competitor

New to R/C and Adding a fuel tank

Guys,
    Quick question. I am new to R/C and purchased a Jato truck for my first one, I know a little fast. I am wondering if anyone has herd of adding an extra gas tank to extend run time. I saw a guy on youtube doing it, fairly simple procedure. I am wondering if anyone has seen this and what some of the negatives to this might be? Overheating of engine, etc. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Only negatives are weight, and finding a spot to put it.

I'm read that someone cut a Tmaxx tank into a Jato, but I personally don't think it's worth it.......

RC poster
    attatch a tank onto the receiver box cover. but i guess that would mess up the balance of the truck , could make it prone to flipping over more?

RC Racer
    You can add extra fuel line. It will give you a little more run time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Competitor
    Dumb question....How would adding an extra fuel line add run time w/out the extra fuel? And have you done this/seen it done?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    You can add extra fuel line. It will give you a little more run time.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyrich View Post
    Dumb question....How would adding an extra fuel line add run time w/out the extra fuel? And have you done this/seen it done?
    I think he meant a longer fuel line.

RC Racer
    Yeah sorry about that. Yes a longer fuel line.
    Prime the fuel line then top off tank.

ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Competitor
    Ok. Sounds good. About how much run time would I get with that as opposed to adding the extra tank?

RC Enthusiast
    when I run my jato it is nice to take a little break to let the adrenalin go down a bit lol

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Sounds good. About how much run time would I get with that as opposed to adding the extra tank?
    30 seconds, max.

Honestly man, the amount of effort to fit another tank, for 2 minutes of extra run time is hardly worth it.

RC Competitor
    Guys,
    I finished the extra fuel tank installation. Very simple with some velcro, extra ties etc. Took me about 30 minutes, taking my time. I get an extra 11-12 minute runtime added to my original tank. I like it and where I placed the extra tank doesn't make balance an issue or flipping the car a problem. I would suggest if you don't want to feel like your re-fueling every 5 minutes, add the extra tank. Plus it was a converstation starter at my local hobby shop.

RC Qualifier
    Guys,
    I finished the extra fuel tank installation. Very simple with some velcro, extra ties etc. Took me about 30 minutes, taking my time. I get an extra 11-12 minute runtime added to my original tank. I like it and where I placed the extra tank doesn't make balance an issue or flipping the car a problem. I would suggest if you don't want to feel like your re-fueling every 5 minutes, add the extra tank. Plus it was a converstation starter at my local hobby shop.
    Can you post a picture?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Competitor
    Jersey,
    Not good with posting pics, sorry technologically challenged in that way. However if you follow this link, it will show you how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTYuIzNsqU