RC poster

My revo slips out of gear??

It has just recently started to "slip out of gear" or that's at least what it sounds like. I have taken the entire tranny out and pull the case apart thinking that it might be a stripped gear, but I didn't see any gears missing teeth. I have taken the slipper clutch apart and cleaned it and tried to adjust it but I have had no luck. It seems to do it the most when shifting from 1st to 2nd. It also does it when the engine revs high. I have no idea what to do.

RC Champion
    Sounds like the one way bearing in the tranny shifting mechanism is shot. Try replacing it. I bet it will cure your problem.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    I agree with upbasher. There's a small pin that wil break and you can't get just the pin. The kit is about 7 bucks. I made another pin the second time it happened to me and so far so good.
    Not a great picture but this may be what you find
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PEDE-OFF View Post
    I agree with upbasher. There's a small pin that wil break and you can't get just the pin. The kit is about 7 bucks. I made another pin the second time it happened to me and so far so good.
    Not a great picture but this may be what you find
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I ended up taking the transmission apart again. As I pulled that gear off I saw a pin hit the floor and couldn't find it. I thought it looked smaller like it broke into a smaller piece, but I only got to see a glimpse of it. Where can I find this kit. Why can't I just replace the pin.

RC Qualifier
    I got one from a local hobby shop. Part # 5396x. I used a presto pin and cut it to length as a temporary fix... 6 months ago.