Thread: 3.3 Problems

RC poster

3.3 Problems

I have nitro slash! Ran great last weekend, this weekend it's *edit* to start, then
    when started it only runs while on the gas, wont idle won't run long enough to
    adjust anything to tell what's wrong! FRUSTRATED
    Last edited by Double G; 02-03-2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: language, watch it!

RC poster
    Adjust the idle bolt

Make sure the LSN is at least flush with the inner ring or 2 1/2 turns out from closed.
    Also drop a new GP in it.

Do Not adjust the Idle Gap(unless you fooled with it, then it needs to be reset to 1mm), the Idle Gap screw is not for trying to raise the idle speed, it is for setting the Idle Gap.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    New glow plug!!!!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Try all the above. However, with the LSN it needs to be flush with the barrel which is 1 3/4 turns from closed. Idle gap should be 0.7-1.0mm open and leave it.

And to answer your question upbasher: Snook Man (of all people) mentioned a year or two ago that he used bow string wax on his starter ropes which allowed them to last longer.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Try all the above. However, with the LSN it needs to be flush with the barrel which is 1 3/4 turns from closed. Idle gap should be 0.7-1.0mm open and leave it.

And to answer your question upbasher: Snook Man (of all people) mentioned a year or two ago that he used bow string wax on his starter ropes which allowed them to last longer.
    Hey, thats a great tip. I will have to try that.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC poster
    Thanks to all! I'll try all of above! When posted this I had just spent a few hours on line reading (and copy for notes)
    everything I could find on different websites about nitro fine tuning and it just wasn't happening!

Upbasher, I had adjusted the idle screw and replace a few glow plugs in the process and nothin' so, I sought help! Thanks though!

Does anyone use 3230 glow plugs? Aren't they a hotter plug?