Thread: new XO1 owner!

RC Qualifier

new XO1 owner!

ok havent posted in a while so my question is my XO1 came with the traxxas lipos, they are 3S 25c and I havent used it yet (had it over a month now) it's been cold here just waiting for some warmer weather. anyway the lipos are at 3.8 havent charged them yet, so my question is should I leave them at 3.8 only because I hear that is the storage level you should leave them at, is this correct just making sure. by the way I love just looking at it!!!!
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Champion
    Yes, 3.8V is ideal for storage. They're probably about 50-60% charged right now. I wouldn't bother with storage mode charging at this point. Just finish charging 'em when you're ready to drive. And congratulations! I wish I had a place to run a car that sweet!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    Fyi, X0-1 tires are terrible when it's cold outside.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    Yes, 3.8V is ideal for storage. They're probably about 50-60% charged right now. I wouldn't bother with storage mode charging at this point. Just finish charging 'em when you're ready to drive. And congratulations! I wish I had a place to run a car that sweet!
    thanks will leave at 3.8, I plan on no upgrades just use it and enjoy it. dont really have a place to drive it besides my street its a dead end road just have to watch out for the branches on the road, going to baby it just up and down the street no speed records here.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Qualifier
    congrats , eventually you will get the bug to throw the big pinion on there and unlock it. but its fun even with 50mph gear on it also ..Nothing like sitting there staring at how beautiful it looks when taking it out of the box . maybe order an extra body so you can have one for bashing and one for shelf queen beauty .
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC poster
    I was wondering about that aswell because I've been charging my batteries right up and then the weather takes a turn. As the Uk weather is unpredictable so will my batteries be damaged off this. My battery metre on the tqi transmitter is also
    Giving a false reading , like when my battery's in car are low the transmitter is giving a reading of full charged.

RC Qualifier
    I think you should be ok , maybe your cells are not charging equally , I had one of cells on the traxxas batteries go bonkers 2 would charge normally and other would shoot to differnt voltages . But I have drivin my other one in snow and rains in my slash and still works and charges fine .
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    congrats , eventually you will get the bug to throw the big pinion on there and unlock it. but its fun even with 50mph gear on it also ..Nothing like sitting there staring at how beautiful it looks when taking it out of the box . maybe order an extra body so you can have one for bashing and one for shelf queen beauty .
    Already have a spare body only because when I opened it up the body had a small crack on the back body pins under the spoiler, so I called the hobby shop I ordered it from and he sent me another body, had to take pic's of it so he can see I was telling the truth so he sent a new one and was told to keep the cracked one. yes love just looking at it!
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10