RC Enthusiast

Steering servo questions....

Hi all,

Well I managed to burn out one of my stock steering servo's
    I've replaced both servo's with 2x 15KG servos but really speaking I need to get myself two longer horns (stock horns didn't fit)
    However I find that they are quite slow servos.

I searched the forum to see if there was a thread on going to a single servo set up but I couldn't find one.
    So why do you guys go over to a single servo??
    Speed?

Less hassle.
    No linkage to adjust to stop the fighting.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Interesting...

RC poster
    I'm with you guys on this. I would like to do a single servo. I think I burnt my servos out but I dont know. They turn right just fine, but will not turn left if there is any resistance on them (truck on ground) So my truck only turns right... this sound like burned out servos??

Could be....
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I went the single route, I used the Savox 2274SG. 277inoz at 6v, im not running a bec and have had no problems so far. Im running big joe tires also, and it turns them effortlessly. Good servo imo and also the stock horn works on it.

RC Competitor
    Single Savox SA-1230SG for 36kg/499.9oz at 6V.

Running one in my summit and the other arrived today for my E-revo build. Happy with them so far.
    Summit 11/68T 4S 2000kV
    E-Revo 14/56T 6S 2200kV

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the replies fella's

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by girlcrazy_4 View Post
    I'm with you guys on this. I would like to do a single servo. I think I burnt my servos out but I dont know. They turn right just fine, but will not turn left if there is any resistance on them (truck on ground) So my truck only turns right... this sound like burned out servos??
    I think you may of damaged your servo gears, it'll be worth popping them apart and checking

RC Qualifier
    Hitec makes great servos too, they are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. A lot of peeps on the forum run hitec servos, haven't heard anything bad about them yet, jr makes good servos too. Just be sure to get one with at least 300oz. And search the forum for the washer mod as this helps with making the servo saver spring stiffer and will help put the power to the wheels. I don't know exactly which hitec to recommend, I went with dual savox servos and an external bec set at 7.4v I get around 580oz of turning power. If adjusted correctly the dual system can work but requires a little effort to get them aligned perfect. Mine don't hum at all. To each his own, looking back I wish I would have went single but at the time of purchase all the lhs had was the savox servos. Been running my dual setup for over a year now and no problems yet, I adjust them every so often to make sure rhey don't fight each other. Good luck and hope you get it figured out. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Racer
    I almost went Hitec, but i was at my lhs and found the savox for 64.99, dang good price for a really good servo

RC Qualifier
    sounds like alot of people are using savox servos with great luck. I was worried about a savox servo needing a BEC but sounds like you can get away without using one with the savox. I like the idea of just drop in and go of the savox...aka using the stock servo horn. Probaby will give savox a try