RC poster

New slash driver :)

Hey guys, I just ordered my Slash 4x4 yesterday. Any recommendations? Im thinking of buying a fast charger first, so I could enjoy playing with my stock slash first. Any suggestions on a good charger? My budget is around 50-80 bucks. Thanks guys!!

RC Champion
    If your running LiPo look at Duratrax chargers.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    thanks! do have an idea how long it will take for that charger to charge a 2cell 4200mAh 7.4-volt battery?

RC Champion
    Umm Maybe around a few hours
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    What charger exactly are you looking at from duratrax? If it is capable of charging at 5a then probably only 45 minutes.

RC Enthusiast
    I agree, I've got an onyx 235 and it takes 45min-hour to charge my 2 cell 5000 mah.

RC Qualifier
    I would recommend getting the Thunder AC6 charger if you need a really cheap and good charger found here:

http://www.nitrorcx.com/thac6smlibac.html

It is a great charger considering it can charger Lipo, NIMH, LiFE and more kinds of batteries. It charges at 5 amps so it takes around 50 mins to charge my 5000mah Sky Lipo, but for NIMH, I would recommend charging at around 2 amps. It is $43, and you can plug it into your computer to view how your batteries are doing/ holding up etc. I soldered on the Traxxas connectors and it work great!

If you have an extra $5, I would take it up a level and get the Thunder AC680 charger found here:

http://www.nitrorcx.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html

It can charge at 6 amps so it is even faster, but I would charge NIMH at only 2 amps as I said. I think this one is better because it has a fan which can help reduce heat issues, and it is has more charging capabilities.

I got the AC6 charger (the AC680 wasn't out yet when I bought mine) and I love my charger. I use it for 2 of my lipos and 2 of my NIMHs. I would recommend this charger to anyone, and it is a really good budget charger. If you want your slash experience to be more fun, get a Lipo battery. I got these (2):

http://www.nitrorcx.com/77p-sl5000-2...-hardcase.html

and THEY ARE AWESOME! (compared to NIMH).
    The runtimes will be twice as long, and if you buy 2, you can be outside for around 2 hours! This is the first thing I got for my Slash 4x4 and I am LOVING IT! If you get the charger and batteries, you can save on shipping as it ships only one package. It cost me $17 to ship to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I would recommend these things to anyone who is getting into the hobby! Definatly get one of those chargers though, great quality and more features than normal chargers.

RC poster
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS GUYS!! A friend told me that the passport ultraforce is a good invesment, but a lot more expensive. Is it true??

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forum man!

RC poster
    nyahahahha!