Thread: New guy intro

RC poster

New guy intro

Hey all, I am stationed in Vegas, from Ringgold GA, I'm in the Air Force as a special purpose (heavy vehicle) mechanic and work primarily on the heavy armored vehicles (MRAP variants, HMMWV, tractor trailers, common pickups, regular sedand, and atv's sometimes. I had a TMAXX roller given to me sans engine (not too sure on the model) it's a 2.5 short chassis (12" wheelbase) that I converted to brushless. Bought a Hobbywing M6A combo (150amp esc and 2250kv sensored motor) and run a Hobby People 4s 5000mAh hard case. I fabbed the mount myself and immediately started breaking things. First the spur (upgraded to rrp steel), then the center drive (rear first) and upgraded to Traxxas steel units but the front was too long so I shortened it and sleeved with steel tube and welded. Next wheel shafts broke so I upgraded to integy steel (big mistake), and last the single speed conversion in the black trans. I bought RRP steel 2nd gears and am waiting on an adapter for one of the gears to get done at the machine shop so HOPEFULLY I can get a whole pack thru this beast before it breaks again! I will post some pics when my adapter gets back and its all assembled again! Sorry for the long intro, have a good one!!

RC poster
    So.. not the right place for an intro? Or I'm not welcome here? Lol

RC Qualifier
    Everyone is welcome here, this forum can get really slow sometimes, and you could wait days for a reply. Good luck with your truck though.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, using Tapatalk 2.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Qualifier
    Welcome slowstang! Thanks for your service. Good luck with your tmax project.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Thanks, hopefully all of the steel stuff will keep it in 1 piece! I also built a 4x4 trophy truck using an 4 linked Axial rear axle and the front half of the chassis plate and front diff/suspension from an Exceed buggy and built a roll cage from brake line. It's on a Hobbywing 4365 2250 sensorless brushless motor and 80amp esc with 2s lipo. What parts broke first? If you guessed the Exceed stuff, you're right! lol