RC poster

Shock Ends Pop Off

Anyone else have problems with the Revo shock ends popping off, the plastic end that screws onto the shaft? I have two Revos and this has happened on a rear shock on both of them. Luckily I was able to find the loose parts in the dirt both times it happened and put everything back together. I don't know if they are unscrewing or popping right off. I see that Integy and Golden Horizon sell aluminum replacements. Integy's has a locknut; Golden Horizon's does not. I'm thinking of getting a set from one of these companies but don't know which one or if the locknut is necessary. Can anyone help?

RC Champion
    I would not buy either one, I would buy Racers Edge Aluminum ends. They have a delrin ball and last very well. It usually happens in the rear from the exhaust being over them.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Champion
    hey man you better buy them up now..

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=ns&pn=RCE5362
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC poster
    Thanks. In both cases it was the left rear shock - closest to the engine and under the hottest part of the exhaust system.

RC Champion
    yeah i always had that issue back in the day when i use to race.. shock ends popping out an inconsistent shock behavior in the rear because of the exhaust heat.. so i went with side exhaust which helped 100% and it improved the handling of the truck..

but there are ways to make it work in the rear.. the MT racing is dead now so no more on my end..
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    I have the gh ones and they work great. My plastic ends never popped off, but they would break from doing wheelies too much.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum