Thread: Rpm led kit

RC Enthusiast

Rpm led kit

I just ordered an rpm front and rear bumper to run the rpm front canisters and rear brake lights. I also ordered the 6 led kit from RCI with the dual intensity brake lights. Has anyone else used this setup? How does it work?

RC Qualifier
    It should work fine, as long as you set everything up properly, I mean not much can go wrong. I know they are bright though, because my friend has some on his rustler with the slash bumper and they look really cool and are pretty bright.

RC Champion
    I have the same setup and it is awesome! they are bright and they work really well at night. Are the lights you got 3mm or 5mm?
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Enthusiast
    I got the 3mm. I read that the 5mm will work with some modification. But for an easy install i went with the 3's. Have u noticed any less run time with the lights on?

RC Qualifier
    LED Lights don't take a lot of power. You might see a few seconds difference (30 seconds) but you never really notice because when you bash hard, it doesn't last as long anyways.

RC Qualifier
    LEDs draw very little power. You shouldn't notice any shorter run times.

RC Enthusiast
    Thats good to know. With my throttle pinned most of the time the battery doesnt last long anyway.

RC Champion
    Yeah like they said, they take no power. I have the 5mm and they are crazy bright but they did take a little mods. i love the lights but you go to be careful. i have broken on off and ripped the wires out of one light but its totally worth it. and besides its an easy fix.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP