RC Competitor

proud new owner has ? about lcg

just got my 1st slash thanxs to the wife!! she got me the new slash4x4 platnum with the lcg chassis. my only consern is, will it be ok for bashing, being it sits so low? i wanna get it up on 2.8's, so hopfully that will help with the ground clearance. anyone running the traxxas lcg on 2.8? is it as durable as the last traxxas chassis? either way i love this thing!!! all i have owned in the past is monster trucks, so driving this thing was a real treat. i took it easy being i did not have a shell on it, just finished her up tonight and looking to do some real running in the a.m!this was my 2nd airbrush work and a big difference from my first, am actually proud to say i did it myself!!!

Wow sweet body

Some people use a brace between shock towers because it's not as stiff
    Look at pavementsurfers Rally build
    He uses a brace
    The rally has the same everything as the slash except for body tires and shocks and aluminum

Hope this helps
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    As long as your not trying to crawl like its a summit then it should be fine for bashing, i have a lcg to but have yet to go offroad, only onroad
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Competitor
    I have put my lcg chassis on a motocross track that had been very rutted from that nights racing and it worked great very little bottoming out. I was on stock size tires so bigger tires should help.

RC Competitor
    cool thanxs guys! it just seems so low! like i said so far on street feels pretty awesome! never had a rc i can keep throttle down while going around a turn lol. what about running 3s, how much punishment is it? will it last longer then a few runs or will it cook everything 1st real bash? i aready know i want to upgrade motor mount & bearing to kingz, and maybe driveshafts down the road. but other then that should it hold up? money is kinda tight right now, have 3 trucks am trying to keep running lls!!!!
    Last edited by illest1989; 02-02-2013 at 10:49 PM.

RC Racer
    I would NOT run the 3cell unless you like the people at your LHS as you will get to know them real well. Yes it is much faster and fun to use but, I had way to many issues useing them. I'm now running just the 2 cell with stock gears and stock motor and still a blast. Best part is I can use it more than work on it.

RC Champion
    The LCG chassis is great. If you need more ground clearance, just move the shocks closer in on the a-arms, and add more preload. The LCG chassis will keep you upright on 4 wheels a lot more.

The old chassis only has more ground clearance underneath the middle of the chassis. In between the front and rear wheels, there's no difference in clearance.

RC Competitor
    nice!!! thanxs again