RC Enthusiast

Xo-1 wing on a rusty????

Anyone on here done it?????What was the success rate for down force and all that???? I ordered one on Thursday from my lhs im quite excited what it will do.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    No one? Any thoughts concerns anything?

RC Qualifier
    I'm just speculating here, but I think the downforce on the XO-1 is a combination of things, body shape, ground effects, etc, etc, etc... Rather than a whole lot of it coming from the wing alone.

There might be much more effective wings out there. Certainly a lot of buggy wings look a lot more extreme than the XO-1 wing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think is a bit too large for the Rusty...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I think is a bit too large for the Rusty...
    Its may be a bit large which may bite me in the long run especially if I flip her. But I do however think it should help.keep my rear end planted a little more. As far as buggy wings go there a bit bulky for my taste. I like the xo-1 cause its sleek looking and evidently it does a good job at something for it to come stock on a 100 mph car. It should be here today or tomorrow so once I get it mounted and tested I will def post results and pics.....

RC Champion
    I've tried a couple of buggy wings, touring car wings and homemade wings when I was playing with speed runs and the best I found was funny enough the stock style wing, but made out of thicker poly than what Traxxas uses. What I did was make the rear "spoiler" a bit larger than I needed and trimmed it down after each run until I achieved the balance I was looking for. You don't want too much rear downforce as it will lift up the front and thats not a good thing. Too little or no wing and traction suffers at speed. car wants to wander. Beside the fact most larger wings really look horrible on the truck. mine are always clear with maybe a decal at most. If you go this route, you can get the angle from the built in lip on the rear of just about every truck body made and its just about perfect. Just make sure to re-enforce the screw mounts as the spoiler will rip the holes out if you have sliding crash.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3