RC poster

Exclamation NEED HELP FAST! ERevo 1/16 dying way to fast

I listed my ERevo on Ebay without running it for good year. HUGE mistake, I took it out for one last go before I send her of to a new home and she is dying in about 30-45 seconds of installing fully charged batteries. I have less than 10 hours to cancel the auction if I cant find a repair.More details below.

Fresh battery in, runs great for about 30-45 seconds and then it starts to slow down like the batteries died already. I pick it up and notice that the rear right and front left tires will spin for a second and then stop like the drive train is slipping somewhere. I take off the tires completely and the drive train APPEARS to run normal again until I put a little resistance on the rear right or front left. I have also checked the voltage of the batteries, the only ones I had charged were sitting at about 7.2v (aprox) before putting them in and then they came out at 3.9v but gradually returned to 7v+. Oh and awhile back I had some heavy modified tires on it for better snow traction but took them off when I noticed they were causing over heating. Heres a list of mods I have on it.

Integy alluminium Skid plates
    GH Racing alluminium axle carriers
    Extended rear suspension arms

I hate to sell her but I'm moving on to new hobbies that are easier and cheaper. If anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate the help.

RC Champion
    Does the motor or ESC get hot when this happens?
    Does the drive train spin freely?
    Is the ESC set for for LIPO LV cutoff?
    Are these lipo batteries you are trying to run or NIMH?

Too many variables without more info.

RC poster
    Yeah i tend to forget the details
    I'll have to check to see if the ESC is set for lipo but no it doesn't get hot.
    Yes the drive train runs freely except the rear right and front left that seem to stop feels, more like a worn gear or spur somewhere because there's no extra resistance on them when i move when with my hand.
    NiMH batteries, original series 1's.

Its been awhile, how do i turn on or off lipo LV cutoff?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What cell are your batteries if they are the 8.4v your batteries might be bad
    Do they get hot when you charge them?
    Oh and you are in the 1/10 scale forum
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-02-2013 at 07:59 PM.

RC poster
    not easy to tell there was another for 1/16. Can an admin move this thread?

EDIT:Nevermind i just copied and pasted it in.
    Last edited by theonecalleddoc; 02-02-2013 at 09:55 PM.